Product Manager, Real Estate
JobDescription : The Role
: S&P Global Market Intelligence is seeking a Product Manager for our Financial Institutions team focusing on Real Estate. Our team delivers in-depth analysis and proprietary data in the Real Estate space. The Product Manager is responsible for contributing to maintain and build out our Real Estate product offering. The role holder will be a leader in the design and execution of tools, templates, and analysis while working in tandem with clients, prospects, and industry experts. The Location:
Charlottesville, VA The Grade:
10 (Internal Use Only) The Impact
: This role is key to ensuring the successful commercialization and adoption of our Real Estate product expansion, ensuring that our best-in-class story is told and understood in the marketplace. The Career Opportunity:
You will work with a team of individuals who have a track record of building and growing sustained business lines. For the right candidate, this is an opportunity to work with a team of people who prize entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, and execution and work together to achieve common goals. It is expected to work with both the Product team as well as the dedicated Real Estate Scrum team in an agile based environment. The Team / The Business:
The position resides within the Real Estate product management team within S&P Global Market Intelligence. As a member of the team, you will work closely with team members across the globe. The members of your extended team will include people from technology, sales and account management, client support, marketing, research, as well as many other product and platforms teams whose expertise contributes to the overall Real Estate solution. Our Hiring Manager Says:
This person would have strong project management skills, a commercial inclination and enjoy getting out into the marketplace to not only tell the story of our Real Estate solutions, but to understand the challenges Real Estate firms face in today's markets. I am looking for someone who is influential with the ability to take ownership in this role and guide a cross functional team to support our strategic efforts. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on experience and contact with customers and prospects. Your ability to lead in a collaborative manner by working with internal and external stakeholders will be key in the role. Responsibilities:
• Work with the development (technology) scrum team to progress product development in an agile based environment
• Synthesize ideas from internal business leaders, customer usability studies, end user feedback and competitive/market intelligence and shape them into powerful platform enhancements with a focus on return-on-investment
• Providing high-level analytical expertise to S&P clients and internal Sales and Project Development teams
• Increase market penetration through on-site visits with clients and prospects
• Influence product development by providing feedback to business managers on use demand, market practices and product enhancements
• Building consensus and justifying product recommendations in terms of client workflow/need, usability, intuitiveness, consistency, and business goals
• Developing and executing on go-to-market strategies for product rollout/launch
• Willingness to adopt the Business Development Work Cycle (BDLC) which includes working towards attaining certification level 1
• Identify multiple avenues for market development, including marketing channels, speaking engagements, partnerships in the marketplace
• Travel: typically 10% Qualifications:
• Product Management knowledge, specifically in the Real Estate, Finance, or Capital Markets area is preferred
• A bachelor's degree is required; preferred areas include: Economics/Finance/Business
• Basic understanding of Real Estate, Finance and Capital Markets industry news/research; knowledge of REITs or ESG/Sustainability is a plus
• Strong communication skills across all audiences, including industry experts & novices, senior management, and technical teams
• Ability to manage multiple projects with varying timelines and across multiple teams
• Motivated, self-starting, willing take risks and challenge conventions
• History of teamwork and proven ability to deliver results
• Must have the ability to work within a group, and to collect and interpret stakeholder feedback
• Knowledge of agile/scrum and working on a scrum (agile) team
S&P Global Market Intelligence is the ultimate resource for complete financial intelligence on the a number of industries. The S&P suite of products integrates comprehensive data, expert analysis and breaking news into an electronic database that is available online and updated around the clock.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.