Quantitative Product Analyst
The Team: Quantamental Solutions team is part of the Investment
Management Product Management Segment, responsible for S&P Global Market Intelligence's overall product strategy for quantitative and quantamental products, encompassing differentiated data, analytical platform, and research products.
The Impact: The primary responsibility of this role is to work as part of the Quantamental Solutions team to support the "Buy Side" Product Management and Market Development function, with focused on clients in the Institutional Asset Managers space and Hedge Funds, with additional responsibility in supporting and developing quantitative products and data sets.
This role is responsible for the product development and support of new and existing quantitative products of S&P Global Market Intelligence globally. This position will partner with stakeholders in technology, operations, sales support and the broader product management team to build and maintain technology and processes to deliver robust production systems and data integrity for our quantitative products which include quantitative investing software solutions, alpha factors, alpha models and risk models. Compensation/Benefits Information:
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $55,000 - $150,000. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits.
For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
What's in it for you: This position provides the opportunity to play highly involved product role for our quantitative investment clients. Our Hiring Manager says: "Successful candidates will have a passion for product management and investment analysis, proficient in mathematics, technology and modern data science techniques. In addition, candidates should be able to work well in a team environment, be highly self-motivated with the ability to execute independently".
• Perform research and modelling, as part of various proof-of-concept activities, including building prototypes and assessing the appropriateness of specific product capabilities and quant investment strategies.
• Participate in projects and monitor product development plan, keeping the team informed about deadlines/obstacles/changes in the project plan.
• Be responsible for the daily production of quantitative scores and models. Liaise with product and technology teams across the organization to ensure a stable and positive client experience.
• Support regional product initiatives and client inquiries related to Quantamental Solutions offerings
• Build and support robust technology processes for timely delivery of our data feeds and production systems.
• Trouble-shoot data and process problems when they occur and build automatic safeguards to avoid reoccurrence.
What We're Looking For:
• Strong understanding of data driven quantitative investment workflows and data science techniques
• Passion to work with traditional and alternative data to develop investment and risk management solutions.
• Ability to present to technical audiences commanding sufficient subject matter expertise and gravitas
• Be able to multi-task and manage multiple projects at a given time and under tight deadlines as well as to balance conflicting themes and client objectives
• 3+ years in a quantitative investment management or technology environment
• University degree in financial engineering, economics, mathematics, statistics, or hard science preferred
• Masters in Finance or similar and/or (working towards) CFA or FRM designation preferred
• Passion for asset management, capital markets and portfolio risk management
• Strong technology and programming skills with knowledge of SQL, Python, R, Java, C#
• Deep analytical mind-set, creative problem-solving ability and understanding of financial datasets, cloud computing and big data processing
• Organized and detail oriented, understands product development and support process
• Probes more deeply when confronted with inconsistent or interesting findings
• Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas effectively, strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms
• A professional, highly dedicated personality, with the ability to work and thrive in an entrepreneurial and team environment
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
267263 Posted On:
Boston, Massachusetts, United States