Staff Accountant & Investment Analyst
- Herndon, VA, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA)
- 05 janv. 18 2018-01-05
The Air Line Pilots Association, International (ALPA), the largest airline pilot union in the world and the largest non-governmental aviation safety organization in the world (representing over 59,000 pilots at 33 U.S. and Canadian airlines), seeks an experienced Staff Accountant & Investment Analyst for our Herndon, Virginia, office.
As an integral part of the Finance team, the Staff Accountant & Investment Analyst organizes, in a timely manner, a great deal of data and delivers performance measurement information used by in-house staff and the Investment Management Committee (IMC). S/he provides monthly in-house reports for the IMC along with investment performance analysis and may also suggest financial transactions, conduct searches for new investment managers (from the preparation of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) to final Manager interviews), and may perform “what-if” analyses to augment decision-making. S/he serves as a primary point of contact for contract administration of the Association’s insurance portfolio; and, along with other members of the Finance team, s/he assists the Association’s Master Executive Councils (MECs) and Local Executive Councils (LECs) with reporting responsibilities.
Local and national travel: 0 - 15%.
Minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant area, e.g., accounting, business, finance, economics, statistics, or actuarial science from an accredited college or university is required, MBA preferred; or, the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Certificate in Investment Performance Measurement (CIPM) preferred.
• Three (3) years of experience in investment performance analysis environment required.
• Experience with insurance products and financial reporting strongly preferred.
• Financial Software: Zephyr Associates’ StyleADVISOR and AllocationADVISOR and Morningstar® databases of Mutual Fund, Separate Account, and Collective Investment Trust (CIT) required, managers investment search tools preferred.
• Software: Microsoft Excel (Data and Pivot Tables), Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills, oral and written, for effective interaction with internal staff, external contacts, pilots, and pilot committees.
• Excellent organizational and task prioritization skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
• Ability to work independently.
Physical Demands: Note: The physical demands described herein are characteristic of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential physical activities of this position described below.
Constantly operates a computer/smartphone/tablet. Regularly required to maintain a stationary position; move about the office; determine what others have said or written; and, converse with others and exchange accurate information.
Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, and move about the office and travel (locally, nationally, and internationally). May also include occasional bending, stooping, squatting, and/or pushing and pulling or moving, e.g., to pack, unpack, and/or move cases.
Occasionally required to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve binders, books, boxes, and files up to ten (10) pounds (lbs.). While on travel, could be responsible to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve binders, boxes, cases, and/or files weighing as much as 50 lbs. (Assistance may not always be available.)
Please apply online at https://jobs-alpa.icims.com/jobs/1276/staff-accountant-%26-investment-analyst/job
ALPA offers competitive salaries with excellent benefits, including:
• 26 days paid vacation and holidays per year;
• Generous sick and bereavement leave;
• Generous health care benefits – PPO, two HMO’s (where available) and a High Deductible Health Plan which includes coverage for medical, dental, and vision benefits for employee, spouse, and/or dependent children;
• Company-paid premiums for disability and life insurance;
• $2 for $1 matching 401(k) retirement savings plan; Roth 401k;
• Flexible Spending and Health Savings accounts; and
• Retiree health plan.
The Air Line Pilots Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Relocation Not Provided