Research Associate, Internet of Thing (IoT)
S&P Global Market Intelligence 451 Research The Role:
Associate Analyst, Internet of Things (IoT)l. This role will be focused on establishing a research practice on the topic of 'smart spaces' - primarily smart cities but secondarily smart facilities including campus environments, buildings, arenas, airports, etc. - via the application of IoT and related technologies. This fits with the IoT channel's overall vertical industry focus covering sectors including manufacturing, transportation, healthcare, energy, and others. Coverage of enabling technologies will also play a role as warranted. Grade
(relevant for internal applicants only) : 9 The Location:
Remote/Virtual Worker, U.S. preferably large cities with S&P offices The Team:
As part of S&P Global Market Intelligence, 451 Research's IoT team have been leaders in covering innovations in IoT technologies, with a keen focus on the application within industry sectors as a critical enabler of digital transformation and change. In this role, the successful candidate will contribute to research in the use of enterprise IoT technologies, applications and use cases to support 'smart spaces' deployments that help the public sector digitize cities and public spaces and private companies improve the functioning of buildings and other facilities. The candidate will work closely with senior analysts on the IoT team to establish this research area, ultimately taking on full responsibility for original research and client engagements. The Impact:
451 Research's IoT channel serves information technology (IT) and operational technology (OT) vendors and services providers; their customers, including senior corporate leaders; and the the investment community. We provide insights on multiple topics from including IoT platforms, edge computing, 5G and IoT connectivity, and more - as well as the application of those technologies to support critical industry use cases (in the smart city area, for instance, intelligent transportation, public health tracking, and smart lighting, parking and traffic systems). Analysts help define and shape the markets they cover, as well as their clients' strategies. Clients use our research when making investment and other key decisions. What's in it for you:
- The opportunity to make your own unique contribution to established and competitive research, with the potential to become a recognized voice in the industry.
- Exposure to a wide variety of people, from industry C-level executives to practitioners and engineers, investment professionals, government officials and fellow analysts.
- Development and production of research in concert with senior analysts, while managing your tasks, time and priorities independently in cooperation with your manager and teammates.
- Domestic and international travel, as conditions permit and opportunities allow.
Working both independently and in cooperation within a geographically dispersed, virtual team:
What we're looking for: Basic qualifications:
- Support focused research in concert with primary covering Senior Analysts on market participants and trends in smart spaces, cities and building applications and enabling technologies.
- Assist with the development and delivery of survey-based research focusing on key trends iin those areas.
- Produce written reports on the findings of survey-based research, globally as well as in specific regions worldwide.
- Research and publish both short (2-page) and long (10-15 page) reports on smart spaces topics, as well as on broader enabling technology topics as relevant. Short reports will publish regularly and more frequently (approximately weekly); longer reports would be less frequent and may be more on-demand.
- Engage in briefings with key vendors and attend events (virtual, or other events contingent on travel resumption) focused on specific assigned segments of the IoT and smart spaces segment.
- Develop and/or assist with the development of presentations, webinars and strategy sessions to present research and explain industry trends, and deliver those commitments when appropriate.
- Respond to inquiry requests from IoT and/or smart spaces market vendors and enterprise users.
- Collaborate with fellow analysts to shape the overall IoT channel research agenda.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience and skills development, for example:
- Junior technology analyst position, or experience in journalism or technical writing covering these fields
- Corporate development or technology M&A experience in evaluating and recommending relevant vendors, products, services or strategy, competitive intelligence or market sizing
- Equity or financial research or investment banking in these areas
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), with superior writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong research, writing and customer presentation skills
- Undergraduate or graduate degree, either a technical degree (math, science, engineering, IT fields) or a business, writing/communications or liberal arts degree with appropriate experience
- Ability/willingness to travel domestically and internationally once conditions permit
- The key to being a successful analyst is having an inquisitive nature; always looking to learn and explore
S&P Global Market Intelligence
- In addition to the experience above, exposure to or experience in 'smart spaces' technologies or a role in government/public sector or building/facilities operations - welcomed but not required
- Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Data/survey consumption and production skills
- Enthusiastic public speaker
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence .
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy. EOE Statement:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
266116 Posted On:
Boston, Massachusetts, United States