Associate, Data Programmer
Description About this role Description
BlackRock Alternative Advisors ("BAA") comprises BlackRock's hedge fund solutions platform. With over $26 billion under management, BAA provides hedge fund solutions and hedge fund oriented co-investments to a broad array of institutional clients through commingled and custom fund structures.
BAA's hedge fund solutions product offerings encompass numerous investment strategies, product structures, and regulatory environments. This presents a multitude of complexities related to product structuring, portfolio implementation, trading & financing infrastructure, operating models, portfolio compliance, internal support teams & technology systems, and external counterparties & service providers.
The BAA team is looking for an Analyst in Seattle to focus on developing and building analytical tools to enhance its data visualization and reporting efforts. This role will make a significant contribution across our investment team and you will be working with a team that shares your passion for data and its potential to positively transform the investment landscape. You will also promote and maintain a culture of utilizing best-in-class methodologies and tools to execute assignments and innovate to improve our team's ability to use data and systems. Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Develop and build analytical tools, dashboards and databases
- Analyze large data sets and create visual representations of the data
- Lead projects to build automated reporting, analysis and reports for BAA's investment management platform
- Build data queries to assist with reporting requirements and create client reports
- Write code to automate and streamline existing process
- Programming experience and expertise (e.g. VBA, Java, Python, R, etc.)
- Experience with Tableau, Excel and other data analytic tools
- Ability to lead projects independently
- Demonstrated track record of sound analytics and attention to detail
- Collaborative contributor who thrives in a team environment
- Naturally aligned with a defined set of key corporate values, including excellence, client care, leadership, integrity and teamwork
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.