Pricing Operations Analyst - SEA
Description About this role
BlackRock is a leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients worldwide! As of December 31, 2018, BlackRock's AUM was $5.98 trillion, making it the largest asset manager globally. BlackRock helps clients meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. Headquartered in New York City, as of December 31, 2018, the firm had approximately 14,900 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in key global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, the Middle East and Africa! For additional information, please visit the Company's website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Data & AI ensures that all portfolio information (Core Enterprise Data) necessary for the investment management process is complete, accurate, timely and effectively controlled using the latest technology and tools. Data & AI provides information services and solutions in support of all BlackRock and BlackRock Solutions businesses.
The Pricing & Economy Group is responsible for the collection and validation of market prices for all assets and liabilities held in managed portfolios, as well as for the distribution of those prices to accounting agents and custodians, where appropriate. Responsibilities also include oversight of third-party accounting agents and custodian security pricing methodologies for proprietary commingled products, as well as daily verification of OTC derivative valuations. In addition, the team collects a wide range of market data including FX rates, interest rates, inflation levels, mortgage data and volatility data. Responsibilities:
- Provide high quality client service externally and internally. Address inquiries, perform controls, resolve problems, and mitigate risks for clients and internal BlackRock partners
- Learn the intricacies of the Aladdin end to end investment platform
- Gain broad experience for how Pricing and Economy data is used by internal and external partners and how the data applies to equity, fixed income, and derivative instruments
- Investigate and resolve sophisticated and intricate issues and perform ad-hoc analysis of large data sets while meeting tight deadlines
- Initiate and drive platform and process innovations to support new business needs, minimize risk, improve quality, and navigate changing markets
- Bachelor's degree is helpful; experience in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering fields additive
- Skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; Knowledge of Aladdin, SQL, Python a plus
- Strong interpersonal, planning and time management skills including ability to function effectively within a fast-paced environment and ability to multitask
- Consistent track record in delivering on projects with little oversight
- Strong financial and quantitative abilities, including attention to detail and affinity for data analysis
- Understanding of over-the-counter derivative markets and/or derivative valuation theory is helpful
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to deliver presentations, coordinate across the firm, and work in a different location than other team members
- Good judgment, integrity and discretion
- Ability to function effectively under tight deadlines and constraints
- BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-M/F/D/V.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.