Our Client was established over 15 years ago in South Africa and now has offices in both Johannesburg and Cape Town.
They are a pan-Africa focused fund manager with over ZAR13bn under management. Over the last twelve years, the Private Credit division has made more than twenty investments across three successive funds into eight African countries, making it one of the largest independent mezzanine funders on the African continent. Another part of the group also has made senior debt investments into South African solar and wind energy projects across two successive funds.
Our Client seeks a native French-speaking Associate for their Private Debt investment team, who will provide support on the execution of new transactions as well as the monitoring of the existing portfolio in Morocco, Tunisia, Cote d’Ivoire and Senegal.
Specific tasks will include:
• Research & analysis of the market and many investment opportunities,
• Financial modelling,
• Due diligence investigation and review,
• Drafting of term sheets and investment committee papers,
• Support in the negotiation of deal terms with the management team of potential investments,
• Support in the structuring of investments, and review of legal agreements
• Input into the Management & ongoing monitoring of portfolio companies,
• Assist with reports to all the various major stakeholders on portfolio company performance, and
• On-going valuations of portfolio companies
• Must be willing to work in the Johannesburg office, and be based there.
• Good Bachelors degree is essential, with strong academics (this is critical – must have been a top performer at university). Native French speaker.
• There is a preference for Post-graduate Masters degree, MBA, CFAI or above,
• Two to five years of relevant financial experience (ideally in corporate finance, investment banking, leveraged finance or private equity),
• Intellectually curious, not afraid to ask questions and a true team professional.
• Very good command of business English.
• The ideal candidate will tick the first two underlined points above, and will also have some business experience in at least one of the four nations mentioned above.