Financial Business Analyst
- Berlin, Allemagne Berlin Berlin DE
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Contentful GmbH
- 27 avr. 18 2018-04-27
ABOUT US - Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery , and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies like Spotify, Red Bull, Optimizely, Twilio, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to solve the complexities of content management in the modern multi-channel world.
The demand for a new way to manage content is in the numbers: the company is rapidly growing and has raised nearly $50M from VC firms including General Catalyst, Benchmark, Balderton, Point Nine, and Trinity.
We're a fun team of over 150 people from 40 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Do you want to work on complex financial models and develop frameworks that radically shape how we understand the business? In this role as Financial Business Analyst, you’ll have the opportunity to apply your passion for numbers and your love of statistics to influence key business decisions.
Functionally, this role works closely with the Senior Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis and Contentful’s CFO. In this cross-functional role, you will work on high-level strategic projects, board materials, pricing analyses, and you will collaborate directly with members from each team; from sales and marketing to human resources and operations, depending on the project. This creates great opportunities for you to develop relationships across the organization and to learn about and contribute to all facets of Contentful’s business.
You are an analytical thinker with attention to detail, ready to solve complex cross-functional problems in a fast-moving, start-up environment. You live for the challenge, break hard problems into small, achievable pieces and focus on delivery. You are a self-starter with the ability to manage priorities. You’ve got outstanding computer skills, a head for figures, are “cool” under pressure and have a passion for pragmatic approaches and technologies.
People would agree, you create a shared sense of direction and community among the teams. You have a proven ability to transfer knowledge and stay aware of current trends and technical advancements. You exhibit an executive presence and the ability to interact with C level and board members.
Ideal candidates will have a strong academic background in finance, bring several years of investment banking or consulting experience, and have worked in the finance or analytics team of a tech-product and engineering-driven environment. Furthermore, you thrive under pressure, love logical thinking, and take pleasure in a sense of completion. You are a team player with lots of drive and initiative, flexible in thinking with a hands-on approach to problem-solving.
- 2-3 years of relevant investment banking, consulting and tech job experience
- University degree in business, finance or management
- Financial Modeling
- Knowledge of Database and Data Analysis (you know your stats)
- Experience leveraging Web technologies, Web Analytics and Online Marketing tools
- Accounting and Managerial Control knowledge (IFRS or US GAAP preferred)
- Understanding of, and experience using ERP and accounting software
- Excel, Excel, Excel
- Operational and financial modeling, planning, budgeting and monitoring and assisting with business process modelling and organization
- You will lead the creation and implementation of driver trees across the organization
- Business analytics and benchmarking experience give you a strong foundation to extract, analyse and visualise data from various parts of the organisation to create actionable insights and recommendations for improvement
At Contentful you will work in an engineering-centered environment where you will encounter many like-minded people. We employ state-of-the-art technologies and you can experiment with latest tools and systems (we use Redshift, Looker and Periscope just to name a few). What’s more, you get to work with bright people who want to solve hard problems. For us, the best ideas and most impactful analyses win.
- Gain experience in multi-purpose financial modeling across all functions of Contentful’s business with tangible contributions
- Direct interaction with Contentful’s key internal and external stakeholders, under the mentorship of Contentful’s senior finance team
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!