Analyst/Associate - Institutional Sales Germany - ETF and Index Investment
- Francfort-sur-le-Main, Hesse, Allemagne
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 22 nov. 17 2017-11-22
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock\
iShares® is a global leader in exchange-traded funds (ETFs), with more than a decade of expertise and commitment to individual and institutional investors of all sizes. With over 700 funds globally across multiple asset classes and strategies and more than $1 trillion in assets under management as of September 30, 2016, iShares helps clients around the world build the core of their portfolios, meet specific investment goals and implement market views. iShares funds are powered by the expert portfolio and risk management of BlackRock
The BlackRock ETF & Index Investment Institutional Sales Team in Germany is seeking a high-energy, detail-oriented Associate based in Munich or Frankfurt. This position will provide an opportunity to learn about the asset management industry and specifically index strategies from a client and product perspective in partnership with many areas of the firm to help develop BlackRock’s beta business with institutional clients in the region.
The Associate will report to the Head of ETF & Index Investment Institutional Sales Germany and will be responsible for developing and maintaining client relationships with institutional investors in the region and the development of BlackRock’s ETF and Index Investing business more broadly. Besides own client coverage, the Associate will be supporting the entire client business team cross-segmentally.
Given the strong involvement with a broad set of stakeholders involved in servicing clients holistically, the candidate should feel comfortable working with teams across regions and engaging across functional areas.
The role will need to employ a wide variety of direct and indirect sales strategies, working closely with various teams such as Capital Markets, Marketing, Product Development, Portfolio Management, the Institutional Client Business Group and the broader EII European and Global teams.
- Development and execution of a clear sales strategy in line with the Head of the EII Institutional Sales Germany. This involves strategic account planning, identifying new opportunities for iShares business development and communicating the strategy to all stakeholders.
- Responsible for delivering against strategy, as well as evaluating and contributing to strategy alterations in response to changing business conditions.
- Responsible for delivering against annual target of net new assets.
- Servicing and acquisition of institutional clients in the region to expand the use of BlackRock’s beta offering (linked to asset raising, call and meeting targets).
- Management of day to day business flows and delivering service excellence (pre-trade guidance, product comparisons, cost analytics).
- Close cooperation with partner groups to deliver the unique BlackRock value proposition.
- Collaboration with BlackRock’s EMEA Events Team and Marketing on client event planning and organization, Marketing materials and activities.
- Involvement in EMEA-wide business projects to help further grow BlackRock’s EMEA EII business.
- Responsible for driving EMEA-wide investment strategies and themes linked to target net new assets.
- Collaboration and information sharing with other BlackRock sales teams globally.
- Preparation of client briefings, client servicing presentations and pitch decks.
- Involvement in Request for Proposal (RFP) processes, which involves the sourcing of data from various internal stakeholders and communication to clients.
- Supporting the Head of the EII Institutional Sales Germany with monthly reports to the German COO Business Management and the EII EMEA Sales Management teams.
- Compliance with all regulatory and legal standards.
- Contribution to the improvement of departmental procedures.
- Bachelor / Master of Business Administration, Economics, Finance or an equal professional experience, CFA or similar qualification is an advantage.
- 2+ years of financial services experience desired; experience in selling investment products to sophisticated investors and managing senior client relationships preferred.
- Very strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Advance knowledge of Excel (VBA) and familiarity with industry data systems is a plus (i.e. Bloomberg)
- Understanding of product set – ETFs, index funds and competitive landscape of delta 1 products.
- Strong understanding of capital markets and the German client landscape.
- Ability to take account ownership and strategically develop relationships; position investment ideas and other value-added services generating sales and assets.
- Comfortable with working in a high-pressure environment and with all levels of management.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication in German and English.
- Outgoing nature who puts client-interest first with a “can-do” attitude and a pragmatic flexibility.
- Self-motivated with the drive and ability to work independently, as well as within a team.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, highly demanding results-driven environment.