Associate Director, Advisory Services
Job Description The Advisory Services Associate Director will provide oversight to the Consultants and Analysts within the Issuer line of business providing services and solutions to customers in Structured Finance. In this role, the candidate will have responsibility for ensuring the timely and quality delivery of services and solutions. The Associate Director will assess infrastructure needs and capabilities for clients, design process improvements, and implement structured finance technology solutions. The Associate Director will lead projects that include various levels of financial modeling, technology, operations, and structured finance consulting. Responsibilities will also include developing business requirements, designing technical solutions, translating financial concepts and structures into analytical models. The Role / Responsibilities:
- Provides oversight and manages the budget to all assigned projects
- Resource management consisting of assignment to projects and utilization
- Stakeholder to Product Management
- Develop approaches for addressing clients' collateral servicing, pooling, investor reporting and securitization accounting needs
- Participate in the estimation process for new projects
- Support the Sales team responding to questionnaires/ RFPs and assisting with product demonstrations.
- Assist in advising clients on improving their securitization process to meet monthly and yearly securitization contractual requirements, regulatory reporting requirements and trigger compliance monitoring.
- Analyse potential gaps and advise client on improving operational procedures for their securitization
- Define the trust, deal structures, and payment waterfall rules in Moody's Analytics products. These deals will include master trusts, master-owner trusts, owner trust, and grantor trusts. Experience with all of these structures is critical.
- Facilitate the use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement securitization products and services.
- Development of Process Maps and SOPs to describe client's securitization process.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science or related field required.
- Subject Matter Expert in structured finance products including credit card receivable, auto loans and leases, and residential mortgages
- Prior working knowledge of ABS Suite, Ki, ABS System systems is preferred but not required. These systems are Moody's Analytics proprietary systems that are licensed to clients
- Prior experience in modelling securitization structures, including master trusts (using VBA and/or Python)
- Experience with SQL, complex financial modelling, or financial technology consulting preferred
- Clear written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate complex business and technical concepts to a senior audience.
- The ability to actively oversee and manage multiple projects and resources
- Strong track record of successful and timely delivery of technical projects preferably in a fast-paced consultancy environment.
- A strong client focused orientation with the drive and enthusiasm required to achieve results and assume customer satisfaction.
- Possesses a strong understanding of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience in planning complex multidisciplinary projects in a global and multicultural organization.
- Experience working within in a Professional Services environment.
- Prior experience in financial system development, structured finance front-office, middle office, or back-office, required. This experience should include an understanding of the servicing of consumer assets,
- Experience in Structured Finance, preferably on the issuer side (side mortgages, auto loans, servicing loans, originating loans, and/or securitization of loans)
- Working knowledge of RDBMS (Relational Database Management Systems) concepts.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.