About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Business Manager for our Frankfurt Branch.
As the Business Manager for the Wells Fargo International Frankfurt Branch, this position requires strong organisational and functional skills to own the execution of high impact initiatives, and partner with a large number of employees and teams. The candidate must also possess excellent Business knowledge, program management, analytical, and communication (both written and verbal) skills. The role requires strong coordination with several groups/functions including the Frankfurt management team, BCM Businesses, Global Payments, Compliance, Finance etc. to ensure that the strategic business plans and initiatives are implemented in line with Wells Fargo culture and business practices and operate within the local regulatory framework.
The Business Manager will operate within a matrix operating environment with accountability to the Branch Manager and COO function generally In this role, you will: General Responsibilities:
- Provide on the ground support to the Frankfurt Branch Manager and Banking Capital Markets (BCM) businesses Heads (incl. Global Payments) in driving the execution and implementation of local business and governance related processes, initiatives, and projects.
- Support local regulatory engagement and reporting in conjunction with WFBI and EMEA Compliance.
- Support property, resiliency/disaster recovery, safety, and operational management issues for the Branch/BCM businesses.
- In collaboration with the Branch Manager, drive accountability for assigned initiatives, limit risk exposure, create and drive efficiencies.
- Support the Branch in setting and monitoring performance and KPIs.
- Represents the Wells Fargo at external and internal meetings, including industry bodies (where necessary).
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the organization.
- Ensure consistent risk management and appropriate escalation of any compliance or audit issues.
- Ensure adherence to Wells Fargo policies and procedures and effectively manage Wells Fargo brand and reputation.
- Perform the above in close partnership with the various lines of business and support functions and with an enterprise mindset to ensure alignment, consistency, and maximization of shareholder value.
BCM Businesses/Global Payments Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Branch Manager and branch management team, manage and facilitate the Branch management committee meetings, in addition to providing regular updates as required to WFBI and Regional Management teams in Dublin and London.
- Support the Branch Manager in driving culture and strengthening communications across the teams in Frankfurt and Dusseldorf. Act as co-ordination point regarding local German and European requirements.
- Manage outsourcing agreements for services operated by (and for) the Branch.
- Management of an administrative team in the performance of services needed to ensure the effective running of the Branch.
Required Qualifications, International:
- Support the business to ensure their strategic business plans and initiatives are implemented in line with Wells Fargo culture and business practices and operate within the local regulatory framework.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the business units and the various support partners, driving accountability across all internal functions supporting the businesses.
- Support the business in driving priorities to include account planning, financial budgets, quarterly portfolio reviews, capital optimization efforts, development and implementation of client account plans.
- Support the coordination of efforts in relation to client meetings and industry events.
- Make decisions in highly complex and multifaceted situations requiring solid understanding of BCM/Global Payments business group's functional area and products.
- Facilitate decision making and issue resolution, and support implementation of developed solutions and plans.
- An Undergraduate and/or Master's level degree from an accredited institution (or equivalent)
- Strong knowledge of Financial Services industry, Banking and Capital Markets Businesses, Global Payments and related products and services
- Working Knowledge of local German and European Regulatory requirements as it relates to Banking, Capital Markets and Payments activities.
- Financial accounting and analysis, including project budgeting and forecasting
- Knowledge and understanding of strategic planning and execution
- Creative and strategic thinking skills, including the ability to analyse business issues and identify key risks/mitigating controls, combined with a pragmatic approach to problem solving and the ability to work under pressure and within deadlines while maintaining high energy levels
We Value Diversity
- Proven influencing, interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to provide presentations and briefings to senior personnel.
- Excellent organisational, problem solving and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to think and communicate strategically with exceptional analytical skills, including expertise in PowerPoint, Word, Excel modeling and Outlook
- Self-motivated, pro-active nature with a strong desire to 'take ownership' of tasks and situations
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Ability to influence and consult strategically across a large organization and with various levels of leadership/stakeholders.
- Self-starter behavior and able to recognise opportunities for improvement in the business/branch and to act on those opportunities
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English and German.
- Ability to travel as required.
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.