Country Technology Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Management of the local IT Support team
- To provide technical support for all Standard Chartered business products.
- Provide level of governance and oversight within country and AG (France & Sweden);
- Deal with and deliver on IT audit requirements, both internal and external;
- To assist in new implementations or upgrades to existing systems, including project management, tracking and reporting.
- Providing support to all Wintel Based Servers within the EU region.
- Supporting infrastructure and application servers hosted within the EU region
- Deliver any new projects or upgrades assigned to the local IT support team.
- Service management for outsourced IT services and liaison between business requirements and technology deliverables;
- Accountable for the implementation and ongoing verification of Security patch's (OS and Virus) within SCB locations.
- React to all incident tickets and service requests assigned to the local IT support Team within operation service level agreements.
- Fully comply with Change management processes.
- Involve in DR and BCP planning and execution twice per year.
- Experience working with outsourced IT services and third-party vendors
People and Talent
- Management of the local IT Support team and managing a technical team across several countries;
- To manage vendors including onsite support engineers (OSV) who are responsible for the ongoing support of the Standard Chartered businesses to ensure a secure, stable and highly resilient environment.
- Risk management control & assessment, KCS assistance, SIP initiatives and reporting, including Technical audit compliance, directly and indirectly.
- To assist in the provision of business recovery sites to give the ability to conduct business transactions and monitor exposure in the event of a disaster.
- Engage in operational standards and policies laid down by and in line with Global CSS Teams.
- Responsible for the enforcement of global strategies and standards in all Standard Chartered locations including ensuring risk / compliance and security / build standards are followed.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Fulfil all IT regulatory requirements and documentation.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's and SCB AG's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group and SCB AG's Code of Conduct.
- Lead the in-country IT support team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Management Board and act in accordance with Articles of Association (or equivalent)
Ability to simultaneously handle multiple key stakeholders, both locally and abroad;
- External: SCB Outsource desktop vendors, and various technology suppliers (DELL,Lenovo, Xerox, etc) Market data vendors and various technology suppliers (DELL, IBM etc)
- Internal: Technology Service Managers, Country Business Managers, Business Stakeholders, Infrastructure Domain Managers, Service Desks, Application Support Teams Technology Service Managers, Procurement Teams, Enterprise Teams, Project Teams, Maintenance Teams, Business stakeholders.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Information and Cyber Security and IT-security related topics
To provide out of hours telephone support if required.
- Mandatory: ITIL Foundation v3
- Nice to have : Microsoft MCP/MCT's or MCSE/MCIPT in Widows 7, 10, Server 2008/2012
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .