Foreign Exchange Trader / FX Trader (m/f/d), Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced FX trader for our Frankfurt team who will oversee the running of FX spot and forward market making to State Street's European customer base. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in the capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As FX Trader you will
What we value
- Oversee the local forward Euro and GBP forward books
- Quote the European customer base spot and forward FX managing the resulting risk
- Manually manage any orders not viable for entering into the eFX Platform e.g. worked orders, stop loss orders
- Interact with the eFX platform and direct flow into the system where possible
- Manage client Spot S/L and T/P orders in the order management system
- Be a key part of the client optimization process, reviewing analytics data with the Quantitative team and Sales to make client tiering decisions to optimize revenues
- Take intraday and overnight risk if appropriate
- Communicate customer interest with traders in other centers
- Work closely with local Sales to deepen further client relationships
- Monitor and adhere to local trading limits
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Self-motivation and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong team player, determined to optimize the overall spot and forward revenues for the bank
- Thriving in a high-paced environment
- Comfortable with change, being curious and open minded
What we offer
- Successfully completed Bachelor's and/or Master's degree or comparable education
- Experience of voice spot trading, trading FX forwards and managing risk essential
- Experience in data analysis via Qlik and coding as well as in FX options desirable
- Fluency in English and German
- Very strong communication skills to communicate with the traders in London, Boston and Hong Kong
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships and resolve conflict situations with voice traders, Quantitative and Sales teams
About State Street What we do.
- Flexible working time
- Depending on the role work from home days might be possible
- Pension plan offering
- Wellbeing and health programs
- Group accident insurance
- Mentoring program
- Free German and English language classes
- Personal development possibilities and extensive web based training catalogue
- Global Inclusion, Global Outreach and Corporate Citizenship programs incl. volunteer work
- Dynamic, diverse, international, and multicultural working environment with English company language
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers