Manager, Regulatory Reporting
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Local regulatory compliance :
- Preparation of all daily, monthly, quarterly, half yearly and yearly Returns to the BNA.
- Ensure quarterly trial balance is prepared for publishing on our website
- Ensure timely, and accurate Regulatory reports are submitted to the BNA.
- Ensure monitoring of daily Liquid asset and Minimum Reserve Balance requirements and all other risks on monthly basis.
- Ensure that daily, monthly, quarterly, half yearly and yearly returns reconcile to management/financial accounts as per Financial Control breakdown as well as validation rules.
- Reviewing and management of all ad hoc and monthly Reserve Bank queries.
- Set up monthly reviews in preparation for the BNA discussions
- Advising senior management (Finance, Financial Markets, CIB, Credit etc) on regular on all regulatory issues
- Advising the bank on issues related to Capital i.e. Capital Floor calculations
- Ensure compliance and embedding of Basel guidelines as per BNA requirements.
- Assisting other departments on the interpretation and application of the BNA regulations and rules.
- Ensuring that the bank complies with the Bank Act, regulations pertaining to the Bank Act, regulations relating to foreign branches and all guidance notes, directives and circulars.
- Assisting internal auditors KPMG and external auditors with all aspects of regulatory return audits and advisory processes.
- Ensure CONTIF to PSGL mappings are frequently reviewed to comply with definitions in CONTIF. Ensure declaration of Security Holdings is done by the Bank in line with BNAs requirement.
- Assisting with other reporting requirements, including ad hoc matters.
- Work with Account Payables Officer to ensure right accruals are made by the Bank and properly managed in line with the FCP
- Review country, Finance, CEO and CEO other costs on a monthly basis before final numbers are submitted to the Group and regulatory authorities.
- Carry out monthly analytical review on the numbers
- Ensure all sundry and suspense accounts are reconciled and substantiated on time and in line with the Financial Controls Policy. This must be achieved both in FCS and manually
- Ensure the Group's Delegated Authority process is adhered to and maintain appropriate files to support limits
- Work with FCU to ensure account ownership filling and other documentation required to be maintained by FCU is done in country
Financial & Tax Reporting
- Ensure IFRS pack is completed on a quarterly basis in line with Group Reporting requirements
- Complete PMC and submit to the regional office. Ensure appropriate forecasting and budgeting for functions supported
- Work with Africa Finance Operations (AFO) on intercompany reconciliations and ensure balances with counter parties are correctly booked.
- Ensure actual, forecast and budgeting is correctly done for CRES
- Submit cost reports to all support functions on a monthly basis
- Work with Accounts Payable Officer to ensure monthly tax filling is done for Stamp Tax, Consumption Tax, Special Tax and other regulatory indirect taxes
- Work with Tax consultants to ensure corporate tax filling is done for the Business
- To report unit's OR issues and reporting of losses to UORM
- To assist UORM in developing and updating of procedures, controls and monitoring plans for Operational Risk.
- Act as OR coordinator for the section.
- To adhere to the agreed KCSA plans and approach.
- To identify and report all exceptions on non compliance with standard controls.
- To identify and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls.
- To maintain proper record keeping on all KCSA related activities.
- To maintain independence in the conduct of KCSA's i.e. not selecting and reviewing sample of self-performed transactions.
- Log the department's risk issues into phoenix and ensure proper monitoring and closure
Our Ideal Candidate
- Review BCP documents periodically
- Drive the Finance Transformation agenda
- Ensure that competitor analysis is done at least on a half yearly basis
- Preparation of DOI, Job Objectives, ILDP's and individual Performance Assessments for LRR unit
- Any other responsibilities assigned
Finance professional with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- A financial accounting degree e.g. B. Acc, B. Comm, Bsc Administration (Accounting)
- Certified Accountant is preferred (CA, CIMA, FRM and its equipment)
- Thorough/Extensive knowledge of the Banking Regulations, and the ability to interpret and apply these Regulations to the day-to-day running of the business
- Good understanding of banking practice
- High level of computer literacy
- Ability to work with huge volumes of data
- Excellent communication skills in both Portuguese and English
- Ability to multi-task
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.