▪ Support to the formulation of the Bank's strategic directions and plans by leading the preparation of related documents to be presented to the senior management (Executive Management Committee, Executive office of the president, Board of Executive Directors, etc.)
▪ Constantly Scan global dynamics and provide strategic information and insights to the Division Manager for the purpose of shaping the IsDB’s long-term strategy and corporate vision.
▪ Develop proposals to promotes and facilitate ways of increasing business synergy and enhancing culture across the Group with the objective of creating more development impact.
▪ Conduct change management activities related to the implementation of the bank’s strategy, by proposing and encouraging the development of innovative solutions related to the bank’s strategic improvement.
▪ assesses the adequacy of the Bank’s internal policies, systems, structure, and governance instruments to advise the manager on changes / improvements needed to maximize the effective implementation of the strategy.
▪ Lead the maintenance of the dashboards on the strategy implementation and coordinate the preparation of related report on quarterly and annual basis.
▪ Advice the manager in areas where the Bank’s policies, procedures, processes, and guidelines related to the business delivery need to be reviewed and improved, in line with global best practices at other MDBs.
▪Keep abreast of the state-of-the-art practices in the strategic management, planning, and execution.
▪ Coordinates communication activities aiming to build the capacity of BUs for strategic analysis & review and strategy-focused management.
▪ Leads communication activities with other BUs aiming to ensure that the bank’s strategy is cascaded down across the organization, and to enhance strategic alignment of bank’s operational activities.
▪ advocate the key achievements to galvanize the support for the strategy implementation and to enhance the buy-in.
▪ Provide the necessary Support to relevant BUs and entities in identifying and incubating / piloting innovative corporate and operational level strategic initiatives and solutions.
▪ collaborate with other BUs to actively engage member countries and other stakeholders in providing feedback on the Bank's Strategy and contributing ideas for its improvement
▪ Respond to correspondences and handle incoming communication from other BUs related to the bank’s strategy
Reporting and Communication
▪ Lead the preparation of the periodic progress reports on IsDB’s Strategy and annual work programs, as well as other necessary reports on the planning and implementation of the strategy
▪ Support the manager by preparing the necessary briefing materials, talking points, and documents to be presented to the senior management
Education, Experience & Certification
• Bachelor's degree in Economics, Engineering, Business Administration or any relevant fields.
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in strategic thinking, foresight or development in a multilateral development bank, International Organization, or any other relevant organization.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant managerial experience, preferably in Strategy Management.
Skills & Necessary Knowledge
• Strong project and change management skills
• Action oriented mindset and Innovative Analytical thinking
• Ability to propose and support innovative solutions related to IsDB strategy planning, implementation, and improvement
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and initiative.
• Reasoning and ideation
• Self-motivated, independent problem-solver, and team-player
• Ability to lead, coach, and motivate other team members
• Ability to work under pressure
• Shafaqah (compassion) and Amanah