The role of Senior Investment Specialist is responsible to identify, evaluate, obtain approvals, and execute the investment opportunities related to the liquidity investment division under the direction and supervision of the Lead and the Division Manager. This role applies the various policy guidelines designed to minimize risk and maximize potential for the IDB’s short and long term liquidity needs, coordinates work with other functions of the Treasury Department and resolves escalated inquiries from counterparties. Moreover, the role entails provision of technical guidance to less experienced staff members.
Liquidity Investment operations
- Constantly monitors the liquidity position of the OCR and other funds under the Treasury management through a review of daily cash flow movements and future projections for movements of funds to meet liquidity and disbursement requirements.
- In coordination with the Lead and the Manager, identifies investment opportunities, provides first level evaluation of investment proposals and coordinates the necessary due diligence with other involved stakeholders.
- Provides reports with input and recommendations regarding the size and maturity and overall position of the bank’s liquidity investment portfolio so that it is in line with the bank’s liquidity policy and guidelines including maintaining the Prudential Minimum Liquidity level.
- Reviews various daily, weekly and other periodic reports on the liquid investment portfolio of IDB-OCR and any other funds under management before being submitted to the management.
- Provides necessary support and advice to ensure the proper implementation of the Dealing Room operations in compliance with respective procedural guidelines and policies in place.
- Prepares recommendations for potential counterparties for placements of funds, short-term borrowings and forex and hedging transactions, in accordance with the established criteria.
- Analyzes the impact of requests from counterparties for new / revised exposure limits to ensure compliance with the risk management guidelines, liquidity, currency and other policy directives issued by the management, amendments to the agreements etc.
- Coordinates the preparation of monthly and quarterly assessments of counterparties’ and portfolio performance.
Operational excellence support
- Provides technical guidance and reviews the work delivered by less experienced team members.
- Ensures the effective implementation and adherence to respective policies, procedures and controls so that all relevant procedural / legislative requirements are fulfilled.
- Keeps abreast of the latest developments, regulations and leading practices in the field and proposes any necessary actions.
- Proposes and implements process improvements to increase efficiency, effectiveness and compliance of the related operations.
- Provides necessary input for the preparation of the function’s budget and for the monitoring of actual expenditure against the approved budget.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics / Finance / Mathematics / Business Administration or related discipline
- English (mandatory)
- Arabic (preferred)
- French (preferred)
Minimum number of years and nature of experience
- 7 - 10 years’ relevant experience in the Liquidity Management function, 3 of which ideally in a Multilateral Development Bank
Job specific competencies
- Bank Knowledge
- Financial Management
- Islamic Finance
- Financing Instruments
- Asset Liability Management Fundamentals
- Investment Analysis
- Investments Products Knowledge
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving