Senior Consultant - SIOC
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today's businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM's clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client's organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Senior Consultant in the IBM Security Services Practice you will be someone who can speak about the entire security landscape with a client's senior management or executive team. You should have depth of knowledge and experience in core security domains SOC Enablement/Operations, SIEM, Threat Hunting, Threat Intelligence, Use Cases, IOC's. You will provide subject matter expertise in the form of briefings, workshops, and/or consulting engagements within their domain that assess a client's security capabilities as well as recommending solutions to enhance a client's overall security capabilities. Such client security capabilities may involve policy, process, technology, governance or organizational areas. Consultants will identify improvements in the current environment and recommend best practices to help them build a sound Security Operation Center.
The role is Senior SIOC Managing Consultant with strong SIOC (Security Information & operation consultancy) skills like designing, implementing and managing (processes, technology, governance model, people). Core consulting
Security Technical Skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong writing skills
- Comfortable working in a project based / client serving model
- Ability to shape client expectations
- Drive client pursuits and engage in complex deals
- Ability to work with global and diverse teams in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work in a matrix management model
You understand and how to build use-cases, because you know what you're looking for. For example, you understand how ransomware and other malware or threats technically works, which logs they write to, their IOCs, network flows, and behaviors; thus, you are adapt at building custom use-cases that hunt for early indicators. Additionally, you understand how to hunt for threats, the relationship it has with forensic investigations, and creating extracts that divulge targets and areas of interest. Also, you are able to design Threat Hunting programs which can be taught to other analysts, or even be automated using artificial intelligence. False positives are your sworn enemies.
The ideal candidate is not your typical SIEM person. Rather you are a person who can write your own queries and scripts that will allow you to search through logs, network flows, and other areas to correlate security events of interest. You are able to de-construct attacks and threats.
We are looking for the best and brightest. People who can innovate. Create patents. New approaches to counter an increasingly complicated threat landscape. If you are that person, please apply. Security Domain Skills
- Experience designing, implementing and managing (processes, technology, governance model, people)
- Depth of knowledge of the core security domain: SOC Enablement & Operations; SIEM
- An understand of contemporary and legacy security technologies used within the particular domain SIEM
- Product knowledge of SIEM : Qradar is a plus , ArcSight, SPLUNK, etc..
- Depth of Knowledge in Use Cases and response runbooks (A Must)
- An understanding of Threat Intelligence and Threat Hunting
- Basic understanding of compliance issues (ISO 27001, PCI , COBIT, GDPR, POPII, etc..)
You will assist in pre-sales, sales, deal closure, and the delivery of security consulting services.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Broad knowledge of IT, Business and Information Security landscape
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written, verbal and presentation skills
- Deep technical knowledge in working experience in at least 2 areas of Information Security such as:
- Data Discovery, Data Classification, Governancev (preferred)
- Identity and Access Management
- Monitoring and Auditing
- Data Loss Prevention
- Vulnerability Testing
- Hands-on experience in security products such as IBM Guardium, Symantec DLP, AppScan, QRadar, Tanium, McAfee, Imperva, ForcePoint or other similar
- Knowledge in and experience executing cybersecurity aspects of industry frameworks or regulations such as NIST, SOC, ISO 27002, PCI-DSS, HIPAA or others
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 years experience in management consulting and systems integration
- At least 3 to 5 years experience Interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and working relationships in a project based / client serving model, and work closely with people at different levels of an organization
- At least 3 to 5 years experience in working across diverse teams to facilitate solutions
- At least 3 to 5 years years experience in management consulting or Managed Security Services
- At least 3 to 5 years experience in working with security consulting teams
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.