Manager of Corporate Services (Nauru)
- ARF A3
- Adélaïde, Australie-Méridionale, Australie Adélaïde Australie-Méridionale AU
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Scope Global
- 03 mai 18 2018-05-03
Scope Global is a specialist project management company with people as the focus of its program delivery. We have a history of successfully managing projects in the international development and international education sectors. The Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism Phase 2 (PACTAM2) is an Australian Government initiative, funded through the Australian aid program and managed by Scope Global. It places highly skilled Advisers with Partner Governments in participating Pacific Island countries to build capacity and to meet identified human resource needs. If you are interested in other PACTAM2 opportunities and would like to receive updates, please register your interest.
Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism 2 (PACTAM2)
- Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) – A3
- 6 month role (until 30 December 2018 with likely extension)
- Based in Yaren, Nauru
The Manager Corporate Services will support the Nauru Ministry of Finance and Sustainable Development to embed effective operational and information technology functions within core units. This assignment is aligned with the Government of Australia’s partnership agreement with the Government of Nauru (GoN). The Aid Investment Plan Nauru 2015-16 to 2018-19 outlines the strategic priority of promoting more effective public sector management by supporting Nauru to strengthen financial management capacity and economic governance to maximise the benefits of available revenue and manage critical human development infrastructure.
This role is expected to commence in July 2018 for a period of 6 months until 30 December 2018 with likely extension for an additional 6 months.
The role is based in Yaren, Nauru.
- Establish the Corporate Services Division within Treasury to undertake quality-control, maintenance and provision of financial information to the Ministry of Finance and Government;
- Improve and regularise the production of financial reports consistent with reporting requirements;
- Optimise the architecture of the information systems operating within Treasury, the Nauru Revenue Office and Nauru Customs Office;
- Create an internal audit capability within the Ministry of Finance that monitors and reviews management controls;
- Develop systems and capacity within the Ministry of Finance to undertake divisional responsibilities into the future; and
- Provide advice and guidance on cross-cutting issues in line with relevant Australian Aid policies and other appropriate standards.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or similar CISCO network certification;
- Masters degree in business, finance or relevant discipline or an undergraduate degree with demonstrated experience in business administration/audit/information systems management;
- Over 5 years of professional experience in network design and operation, management and operation of information systems and financial reporting and knowledge of internal audit operations;
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work and communicate effectively and respectfully across cultures;
- Proven ability to foster empowerment and sustainability;
- Experience in building capacity including, training and mentoring, the building of frameworks, work cultures, policies, process and systems within an organisation to improve performance;
- Demonstrated commitment to integrity, transparency and accountability and high standards of personal conduct;
- Strong organisational change management, relationship management and leadership skills;
- Experience living and working in the Pacific or in a remote island state; and
- Demonstrated personal attributes required for the role, including emotional intelligence, sensitivity, flexibility, resourcefulness, resilience, and an openness to learning.
·Remuneration in line with the DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework – A3
- Mobility allowance (50%) and special location allowances
- Flights, medicals, and insurance
- Pre-departure briefing and in-country orientation
- Ongoing assignment monitoring and support
Scope Global recruitment operates under equal employment opportunity principles and laws. We encourage appropriately qualified and experienced people to apply regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, physical ability or beliefs.
Applications will only be accepted via our online application system. For more detailed information on the position and to apply online, please visit http://www.scopeglobal.com/pactam2/
Applications close midnight ACST Sunday 13th May 2018. No late applications will be accepted.
For more information contact a member of our team at recruitment.PACTAM2@scopeglobal.com