Manager - Data Scientist
Digital Delta Lead Data Scientist Do you love solving complex problems, designing sophisticated solutions and building innovative technology for Australia's largest organisations?
- Are you passionate about Digital Transformation?
- Do you embrace digital disruption?
- Are you convinced that the Fourth Industrial Revolution is fundamentally changing the way we live, work and relate to each other?
- Do you aspire to create the best customer experiences across Mobile App & Web, and User Experience (UX) & User Interface (UI)?
- Do you believe in creating powerful actionable insights from Data and Analytics?
- Do you want to work in a diverse and flexible working environment?
New digital technologies and disruptive business models mean many organisations are struggling to keep pace with the transformative changes required to drive growth and meet customer demands. KPMG Digital Delta provides end-to-end digital innovation and transformation services to help overcome this challenge.
By designing and implementing new fit-for-purpose operating models, KPMG Digital Delta helps organisations to reframe their business models, improve operational productivity, create the best customer experiences, and enhance employee collaboration. We bring together best practice knowledge and technology, along with deep expertise across all industries.
More specifically, we re-imagine and re-invent organisations to become world class digital enterprises using advanced technologies, data and human insights. We help organisations to embrace Digital Strategy, Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Cognitive, the Internet of Things (IoT), Data, Analytics & Modelling, Mobile App & Web, and User Experience (UX) & User Interface (UI) and more.
We work with clients to:
Your new role
- Formulate strategies that re-imagine organisations
- Harness innovation from the 4th industrial revolution
- Actioning insights from trusted data to consistently and quickly make clear decisions
- Build adaptive organisations
- Thrive as a connected enterprise - front, middle and back office
The Lead Data Scientist will design, develop and implement practical and scalable analytic solutions. These typically involve a combination of analytical, process and business transformation outcomes and focus on areas of our client's business such as customer, product and supply chain, just to name a few. You will be comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders, guiding junior consultants on engagements, scoping and pricing an engagement, designing a practical delivery team structure, structuring and writing a deliverable and coding an algorithm. You will work proactively to:
- Understand and explain the business impact and strategic significance of analytic outcomes to non-technical senior stakeholders.
- Lead clients in the development of their in-house data, analytics environments, organisational structures and information/analytics governance.
- Lead and manage the procurement and installation of analytic toolsets considering the client's maturity and their vision for Digital Delta capabilities.
- Work closely with lead architects, engineers and strategists to align collaboration priorities
- Lead and manage a multi-disciplinary team of technical specialists comprising of KPMG employees, sub-contractors, vendor specialists and client employees. Define and manage performance, cost, scope, schedule and quality for the team according to the team charter.
- Lead and manage the design and development of analytics assets including the identification and collection of applicable data to solve a business problem.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of learning and/or optimisation solutions in areas that might include asset and inventory management, communications, channels and networks, risk and portfolio analysis, supply chain management and marketing effectiveness.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of predictive analytical models for areas such as customer segmentation, market basket analysis, offer propensity, demand planning & forecasting, fraud detection, inventory management and risk exposure.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of approaches for productionising model scoring and the closed loop feedback paths required to support back-testing/test-and-learn model validation.
In addition to your focus on client engagements, you will contribute to the definition and enhancement of analytics and experimental design disciplines within the practice. You bring to the role
What we offer you
- A proven ability to undertake the responsibilities and requirements of the role, as listed above.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with extensive experience explaining complex technical concepts to business focussed senior stakeholders.
- Thought leadership and perspectives on solving complex problems in environments that are often ambiguous, technologically challenged and require creative and lateral thinking.
- A disciplined approach to problem solving and an ability to critically assess a range of information to differentiate true business needs as opposed to user requests.
- Proficiency in enforcing technical disciplines in the use of agile methodologies, version control systems, coding, testing and documentation standards to lead solution delivery
- Experience with the following technologies & languages
- Fluency in at least one of the following programming languages: R, Python, Scala
- Familiarity with the following data-related technologies: Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Impala, SQL, Teradata, Oracle, SAS, MongoDB
- High-level understanding of architecting cloud-based solutions with the following products: AWS Redshift/RDS, S3, EC2, Lambda, EMR, SageMaker, DynamoDB, Cloudformation, Athena, Kinesis - or equivalents in Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online. Advertised:
28 Apr 2021 E. Australia Standard Time Applications close:
Back to search results Apply now