At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team's overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Project Manager is responsible for successful delivery of IBM's systems integration projects, including cloud-related modernisation and migration, and digital transformation type projects.
- Manage client engagements, ensuring delivery of solutions for IT, business and client requirements.
- Responsible for leading a project team in delivering a solution to the client by managing scope, cost, schedule, quality as well as contractual deliverables, which includes applying techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management.
- Manage project resources, including offshore global delivery resources, vendors and subcontractors
- Establish an effective communication plan with the project team and the client.
- Provide day to day direction to the project team and regular project status to the client.
- Demonstrate strong client facing governance and negotiation capabilities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of Project Management experience.
- Managed all project phases (initiating, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling, closing) and participated in concept/proposal phase.
- Managed projects with at least 6 Full-time-equivalents (FTEs) per month over a 12 month period.
- Ability to consistently meet financial (including revenue and gross profit) targets; and ability to manage project risks, issues and dependencies.
- Ownership and reconciliation of monthly project financials, managing and delivering to overall project price case.
- Experience in managing distributed teams (onshore, offsite/offshore).
- Experience in managing subcontractors and subcontract agreements.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience managing multidisciplinary teams. Recognised as a positive influence among teammates and have ability to lead others.
- Experience managing Agile, and/or hybrid Agile/traditional projects.
- Project Management or equivalent certification eg. PMI, PRINCE2, Managing Successful Programmes (MSP).
- Agile project delivery related certification eg. SAFe.
- Experience managing Cloud-related projects (eg. on IBM Cloud, AWS, MS Azure or other platforms), for example legacy modernisation, application migration, new development.
- Experience with digital transformation projects.