- Melbourne, Victoria, Australie
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Citi Australia
- 23 oct. 17
Alternative Investments Manager
Alternative Investments Manager
- Primary Location: Australia,Victoria,Melbourne
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Operations
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 17058021
As part of one of the world's largest financial services companies with a presence in more than 100 countries, Citi Australia has provided financial services to Australian consumers, corporates, institutions and governments for more than 30 years. Recognised for its innovative range of global products and services, Citi today counts more than one million Australians and one thousand local corporate and institutional clients as valued customers.
The Alternative Investments Manager is responsible for covering a range of functions associated with Domestic and International Alternative Investments namely, Unlisted Securities, Private Equity, Real Estate, Limited Partnership and Limited Liability investments.
In addition to day to day management, this individual will have accountability for the accuracy and timeliness of associated processes based locally and in Citi's offshore service centres.
- Daily operations will include however will not be limited to security set-ups, pricing, recording of transactions reviewing, reconciling and providing support to all stakeholders.
- Ongoing training for both on shore and off shore teams will be paramount and an integral part of this job family to ensure staff knowledge levels are enhanced and the management/treatment of these investments agree to all authenticated sources.
- Excellent communication and client service skills along with good interpersonal skills and an analytical approach are essential for this role.
- Responsible for the ongoing management and implementation of all unlisted and alternative investments
- Responsible for the timely updates of prices from various Alternative Investments Managers and recording these prices accurately for valuation purposes
- Provide transactional processing support for Alternative Investments products
- Will have close interaction with our Product partners , Business Support, Technology and other internal units to deliver tailored solutions that will meet the expectation and needs of both clients and regulators
- Review operational impact of changes in legislation and ensuring compliance to established controls
- Making assessments of new business viability against existing business capabilities and making appropriate recommendations to management
- Provide solutions to reduce errors and to ensure adherence to audit and control policies
- Liaise with Tax team to ensure accurate tax reporting for clients
- Interact with internal stake holders to ensure Foreign Exchange, Pricing, Corporate Actions, Performance and Tax reporting are accurately reflected in clients reports
- 5+ year's relevant experience in a similar role
- A thorough understanding of accounting and tax concepts and Corporate Actions
- Ability to meet client deliverables in an accurate and timely manner
- Strong knowledge of financial services industry
- Strong knowledge of various financial instruments, with proven experience specifically in Alternative Investments
- Exposure to with strong proven background in managed funds/alternative investment products
- Understanding of global financial markets
- Strong numeracy and analytical ability
- Ability to work productively in a continuously evolving, complex and changing fast pace environment
- Pro-active problem solving and resolution
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and independent
- Ability to investigate issues and escalate immediately
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy is of the utmost importance
- Actively contribute to process improvements and change
- Bachelor's qualification in Finance/Accounting
- Accounting qualification or part qualified, such as CPA, ACCA or CIMA is an advantage