Associate Director (Senior Manager), Transaction Diligence, Transactions Advisory Services - Melbourne
Our Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) team works with clients to manage their capital agenda to drive competitive advantage and increased returns. As part of a global team of 10,000 professionals in 100 countries you will advise clients on preserving, optimising, raising or investing capital. Major groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines and competencies) within TAS include Mergers and Acquisition Services, Project Finance, Restructuring Services, Operational Transaction Services, Transaction Diligence, Transaction Tax, and Valuation and Business Modelling.
Join our Transaction Diligence team and you will work with many of the world's largest organisations, fastest-growing companies and private equity firms on some of the most complex deals in the global market. Through analysis of financial, commercial and operational data, our industry-aligned transaction diligence professionals add true value to clients, providing insights to key decision-makers that help them increase value, and reduce the risks and uncertainty inherent in transactions. You will help to identify key value drivers, challenge assumptions about future performance, search for and advise on hidden value, and work with other EY service teams to deliver an integrated approach to our clients before, during and after the transaction.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who work together to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. About you
In your role as a Manager/Senior Manager you will:
We're looking for people with the following experiences:
- Manage and participate in due diligence engagements related to acquisitions by private equity investor groups and strategic corporate buyers
- Analyse financial/operational results of targets through reviewing accounting records and conducting interviews with management
- Prepare/evaluate pro forma financial information
- Identify issues that impact purchase price and deal structuring
- Identify post-acquisition action steps to achieve anticipated earnings/cash flow improvements
- Correlate due diligence findings with client valuations
- Be responsible for project team management
- Support the personal and professional development of junior staff
- Identify business development opportunities and assist Partners and Directors on proposals and new business opportunities by participating in the proposal process, building client relationships and demonstrating knowledge of client business
Who we are
- A bachelors or masters degree in accounting, business, finance or economics preferred
- At least 5 years for Manager applicants and 7 years for Senior Manager applicants, of related work experience, with transaction diligence or M&A transactions experience preferred, or a background in external audit or restructuring with more recent experience in transaction diligence
- member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants, or international equivalent
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills and a dedication to teamwork
- A strong work ethic and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas in a collaborative team environment
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer offering a vast range of internal networks including Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network. These provide our people with the opportunity to connect across offices and allow us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive work environment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application. About EY
As a global leader in assurance , tax , transaction and advisory services , we're using the finance products, knowledge and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Make your mark.
Apply now. We're interested in people with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make things happen. Those who can demonstrate initiative and situational awareness across a complex stakeholder and commercial environment will benefit immensely in this role.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.