Cash Manager, Melbourne
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australie
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Northern Trust Company
- 17 janv. 18 2018-01-17
Cash Manager, Melbourne
Who we are
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise, and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
What we do
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
What you will do
The successful candidate will begin this role within a project environment helping to build out the operating model, then will take over leadership of this operational function and running it as business as usual.
You will build and maintain vital relationships with the business, operation services, technology and strategic change teams globally. The role is based in the Australia market and therefore an appreciation of the Australian payments landscape and associated regulations is a desired skill.
- Manages the Australian cash and payment operations activity, service standards, risks and costs
- Ensures all team activities are completed accurately and in accordance with internal & external deadlines
- Manages business, productivity and quality metrics
- Be a change leader, focusing on controls, constantly seeking areas' of improvement through process review, workflow analysis, control implementation and enhanced management information
- Ensures team is managed in a way which reflects Northern Trust's culture and values
- Liaises closely with regional legal, risk and compliance functions, understanding existing and upcoming regulation and how it impacts Northern Trust
- Engages with Australian industry bodies and regulators on the topic of payments regulation and key industry themes
- Proven experience leading and developing teams; ability to lead and inspire a team
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) to interact and manage expectations with stakeholders
- Experience of working in a cash/banking operations environment with strong process and control skills
- Technical and/or business knowledge along with functional expertise in the Australian Banking and Payments
- Strong leadership and organisation skills to guide staff while fostering an environment that encourages participation, teamwork, communication and collaboration
- A background of working on complex projects is highly desirable, as is experience in dealing with payments regulators directly, either in the Australia market or other regional markets
As of September 30, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $131 billion in banking assets
- $7.8 trillion in assets under custody
- $9.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $1.1 trillion in assets under management
Northern Trust is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for excellence in our efforts to recruit, develop and deploy the highest caliber workforce. Our commitment and success to a diverse workforce is evident in employee satisfaction and industry acknowledgment. For a list of all our achievements please click here .
The closing date to apply for this role is the Friday 5th January 2018 and we will be in touch with an update within two weeks.
For a private discussion please contact Gez Williams on +61 3 9935 8204.