Forensic Data Analytics - Senior Consultant to Manager
KPMG Forensic helps clients reduce reputational risk and commercial loss. By applying forensic accounting, investigation, intelligence, technology and industry skills we can help prevent and resolve commercial disputes, fraud, misconduct, and breaches of rules and regulations.
We have an opportunity in our Sydney practice for a Remediation Data Analyst to apply their skills to assist our clients with calculating compensation arising from errors or misconduct. The Remediation Data Analyst will also apply their skills to assist our clients with identifying, investigating, quantifying and reporting on breaches of law, policy or standards. Some examples of our work includes:
- Investigating issues and calculating compensation to customers who were charged incorrectly charged fees
- Investigate non-compliance to regulatory reporting requirements (e.g. requirements under AML/CTF legislation including: IFTI, SMR, TTR)
- Investigating and quantifying impacts of wage underpayment issues
- Providing data analytics support for fraud and misconduct investigations
- Transaction monitoring for fraud, bribery & corruption, collusion, anti-money laundering, terrorism financing.
Providing data analytics support for economic loss assessments in the context of legal disputes Your Opportunity
We are seeking a Senior Consultant and a Manager to join our Forensic Data Analytics practice. The successful candidate will:
How are you Extraordinary?
- Work with leading global organisations, regulators and law firms to formulate and document requirements for identifying, investigating and analysing business processes, functions and control frameworks.
- Using programming (such as SQL and Python) connect disparate data sources, and develop scripted routines to assist with establishing the facts and identifying irregularities.
- Quantify the impact of issues by translating business rules and instructions to codified routines.
- Present findings using dashboards (such as PowerBI and Tableau) to enable exploratory data analysis and insights. Draft clear and concise reports recording assumptions, decisions, methodology and results.
Additionally, for the manager role:
Scope and carry out day-to-day management of engagements (budgeting, WIP management and billing), liaising with clients, assessing and analysing data and documentation, and managing junior team members.
- Coordinate multiple projects and workstreams, working closely with other KPMG teams where applicable.
- Provide on the job training and mentoring to junior staff, and contribute to team networking, innovation and thought leadership publications.
We're interested in more than just technical skills, we look for potential. How you grow matters to us. We're looking for people hungry to learn, with an intellectual curiosity that is waiting to be tapped to help solve our client's biggest challenges.
Your qualifications, skills & experience could include:
- Between 2 to 5 years of experience as a data analytics consultant, data analyst, SQL developer, business intelligence developer, technical business analyst, data engineer, data modeller or related role.
- Strong skills in SQL and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in data visualisation tools such as Tableau or PowerBI.
- Experience (or interest in learning) one of the following technologies highly desirable: Python, SAS, VBA, Dataiku, HIVE.
- Tertiary qualifications in mix of business (e.g. finance, accounting, law) and technical disciplines (e.g. engineering, IT, computing) desirable but not mandatory.
- Be a critical thinker with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and have an ability to interpret findings and identify key insights to communicate to a non-technical audience.
- Must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
Additionally, for the manager position:
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience leading small teams of data analysts, including task assignment and quality review
- Experience in translating complex business and legal requirements into technical specifications for analysis
- Project management experience
03 Dec 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time Applications close:
03 Feb 2022 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now