IT Service Management Change Manager
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australie
- Intérim, Plein-temps
- KPMG Australia
See job description for detailsKPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
KPMG going through significant transformation, in particular within our Information Technology (IT) team. We are looking for an experienced IT Service Management Change Manager to ensure best practice ITIL process management across the team. This role will initially be a 2 year fixed term contract.
About the role
As part of IT Services your responsibilities of the role will include:
- Table all Request for Changes (RFCs) for a Change Advisory Board (CAB) meeting, issues an agenda and circulates all requests for changes to Change Advisory Board members in advance of meetings to allow prior consideration
- Liaising with all necessary parties to coordinate change building, testing and implementation, in accordance with schedules
- Reviewing all implemented changes to ensure that they have met their objectives; refers back any that have been backed out of have failed
- Producing regular management reports
- Updating the change log with all progress that occurs, including any actions to correct problems and/or to take opportunities to improve service quality
- Working in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues, internal clients and the wider community, particularly with all stakeholders when delivering initiatives
You will bring to the role
- Experience in operation or deployment of ITIL based processes (Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Configuration Management and Service Level Management etc.)
- Experience in conducting training courses as well as in process mapping and documentation
- Practical knowledge and proven history as a change process owner
- Excellent reporting and communication skills
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
Advertised: 27 Apr 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time