See job description for details
Job Title: Initiative Lead - Data
Location: Melbourne or Sydney
At ANZ our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive and to achieve this, we need a talented Initiative Lead - Data to join our Financial Crime, Fraud, Operational Risk & Compliance Tech Area . The purpose of the Financial Crime, Fraud, Operational Risk & Compliance Tech Area is to build and operate leading technology solutions, which support our business partners across the bank to enable ANZ to meet its customer, risk, regulatory and compliance obligations.
In this position, you will co-ordinate initiatives which drive the data simplification agenda across Technology and ANZ.
You will lead large, time-bound projects or major capability uplifts that support Group Risk and Group Technology across ANZ. The role involves leading several projects, change and technology teams to deliver projects, managing interdependencies between the domains and/or other parties whilst successfully delivering the simplification program of work. The Initiative Lead - Data will track and manage investment spend initiatives within overall program of work ensuring that benefits are realised at pace.
In navigating the complex business and technology landscape, this role requires extensive problem solving and delivery skills in complex enviroments. In order to be successful in this role, you need to know and understand the context and environment. You will work with and direct many people and partners to execute. What a typical day might look like
What will likely be in your toolkit?
- Set a vision for the initiative to drive high quality outcomes and unity across a large, virtual team of squads
- Manage the initiative 'backlog' and retain visibility of delivery within key contributing squads.
- Implement the right governance construct and stakeholder reporting for visibility and input to decisions, prioritization and remove roadblocks
- Play a key coordinating role across the tribes and tech areas that are critical to the delivery of the initiative
- Understand and plan for interdependencies across tech areas and squads ensuring that there is minimal disruption to their ability to complete their work
- Ensure roadblocks are removed that inhibit squads' ability to deliver the initiative
- Influence timely decision-making to ensure squads are enabled to deliver as effectively as possible
- Identify the need for new or additional (temporary) squads to ensure the initiative is successful
- Deliver major initiatives within a bounded period with a bounded outcome in the context of new ways of working
- Find the best path for delivery of the initiative that balances overall completion and total investment with minimisation of time to value
- Enable the squads to utilise capability provided by the bank to improve their task and squad effectiveness (e.g., transfer for understanding, knowledge and tooling)
- Deep experience working with data, data technologies and development practices
- Proven analytical skills and data-driven decision making
- Identified, scoped, planned and communicated the need for significant programs of work ensuring the delivery of strategic objectives and customer outcomes
- Developed mechanisms to track performance and value realisation on investment
- Ability to quickly gather information on the progress of work and communicate this to key stakeholders
- Experience in executing large scale business and technology change including key stakeholder management along the journey
- Navigated a path and brought others on the journey in complex and ambiguous environments
- Planned the performance of a portfolio of work to ensure realisation of value and effective and efficient delivery
- Identify, monitor and manage project risks, issues and dependencies, agreeing appropriate risk responses
- Successfully built a network of strong relationships and influenced key stakeholders
You're not expected to have 100% of these skills. At ANZ a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture and we actively encourage people to try new things. So if this role interests you and you feel you have most of these things in your toolbox, we'd love to hear from you. About ANZ
We're reinventing the way we do banking, and our community of collaborative, innovative thinkers who create human centred solutions are helping us get there. We're responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter and helping people achieve incredible things - be it buying their home, building a business or saving for things big or small.
We support our people by providing a range of flexible working options so they can work in the way that best suits them. We encourage you to talk to us about your need for flexibility and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself.
We'll also offer you the opportunity to develop your career, working in a diverse and inclusive workplace where the different backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people are celebrated and create a great place to grow, thrive and belong.
Interested in joining us? Click Apply now, or visit www.anz.com/careers to find out more or view other opportunities.
Reference number AUS144999
This role is required to work from an ANZ workplace. Under the Victorian Government's COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions, the successful candidate will need to provide evidence that they have received two doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine by 26 November 2021, or have a medical exemption evidenced by an authorized medical practitioner, in order to be appointed to the role.