Investment Analyst - Strategy
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australie Melbourne Victoria AU
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Willis Towers Watson (Australia)
- 10 juil. 18 2018-07-10
As an investment analyst, you will have immediate exposure to client assignments that will draw on your ability to analyse data, draw conclusions and present results, as well as your ability to think laterally and apply judgment. These experiences will help build your technical knowledge and overall industry expertise while you also benefit from strong mentoring and support in the completion of your actuarial or CFA qualifications.
At Willis Towers Watson Investment, we advise large institutional investors, such as super funds, insurers and endowments on their long-term investment strategies. Collectively our Australian clients manage more than $300 billion in assets and are amongst the most innovative and successful institutional investors in Australia. Our clients typically invest in a portfolio of diverse, global investments with the ultimate goal of generating long-term real returns at a rate sufficient to meet their stakeholders’ requirements. We add value by developing tailored investment solutions for our clients which are expected to meet these return objectives, but importantly, also take into account each client’s tolerance for investment risk, complexity, fee budgets and any other specific requirements. From idea, to innovative research to careful analysis and capable execution, we partner with our clients to give them a competitive edge.
Ideally this role will be located in Melbourne; however, we will consider candidates with a preference for Sydney.
- Work with experienced client facing consultants to help design investment solutions for our clients, which are well presented in a timely manner
- Engage with various industry participants, including fund executives and investment managers.
- Develop strong relationships with our consultants and clients
- Support other team-members in carrying out quantitative analysis and in the construction and delivery of reports and presentations for clients
- Work with our client consultants to develop an appropriate investment strategy for each client, taking into account the client’s specific objectives, tolerance for risk and governance capability
- Become proficient in the use of Willis Towers Watson's quantitative models in order to assess the risk and return profiles of different investment strategies Analyse the risk and return characteristics of different asset classes and investment portfolios using both quantitative approaches and judgement
- Research and prepare written reports on different investment topics, including asset allocation, portfolio construction and asset classes
- A university degree in actuarial studies, finance, or other relevant discipline
- Commitment to completing either the CFA or actuarial qualifications (for which Willis Towers Watson provides generous support)
- Strong ability to balance lateral thinking with pragmatism
- Strong ability to utilise your written and verbal communication skills to formulate and present recommendations
- A natural affinity with people and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
Please provide a copy of your most recent academic transcript with your application.
Applicants must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or hold a valid and appropriate permanent working visa. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on any basis. We support flexible working and this role will be considered on a flexible basis.