Manager, Financial Accounting Advisory Services - Melbourne
- Wo rk with a team of collaborators, innovators and the brightest minds in the industry
- Lead a diverse, highly motivated and collaborative team
- Be part of a high-performing, supportive culture
https://www.ey.com/au/shape-the-world The opportunity
From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time.
In FAAS we work with our clients' finance teams and wider areas to provide practical, hands-on support and solutions relating to the impact of new accounting standards, proposed transactions, finance function efficiency and effectiveness improvements and other regulatory changes. We combine technical accounting skills in IFRS, and AASB standards, practical experience in financial reporting, as well as deep sector and regulatory knowledge.
As you build your knowledge and experience, you'll become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire industries.
We are looking for a Manager within the Financial Accounting Advisory Services team in our Melbourne office. This role is offered on a flexible full time basis. Y our key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Plan, manage and participate in various engagements, including application of accounting standards, review of financial accounting processes and internal controls and implementing intelligent automation and / or data analytics solutions.
- Understand client's industry sectors and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and new technical and industry developments
- Supervise junior staff and review work performed
- Work with other EY locations, service lines and specialists to deliver a fully integrated service offering
Ideally, you'll also have
- Audit, accounting advisory or business experience in process improvement and / or assessment of design effectiveness of internal controls
- Enthusiasm and the ability to build strong client relationships and cross-service line networks
- Project management skills with a proven ability to execute under pressure
- The ability to work autonomously in an unstructured and ever-changing environment
- A CA or equivalent professional qualification
Who are Assurance?
- Knowledge in accounting standards (IFRS and / or AASB standards)
- A natural thirst for knowledge and continuous learning and improvement
- At least 5 years w ork experience
Assurance is a promise, a positive declaration intended to give confidence. You can be part of the next big climate change initiative, work with the latest innovative forensic intelligence or provide robustness and clarity as part of an audit committee. EY teams deliver on providing that confidence to our clients and you can be part of that promise. Learn more about Assurance here - https://www.ey.com/au/aboutassurance
What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
Who we are
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times - https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges ( https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges ), career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer ( https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion ) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or +61 1800 017 666.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.