Operations Director, APAC
Charles River Development (CRD) is a rapidly growing and profitable financial software and services firm whose customers include the world's top investment management, wealth management, banking and insurance firms. The Operations Director position enhances the long-term relationships with our customers through daily control of, and continuous review and improvement of our Implementation and Relationship Management structures. Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of CRD Asia Pacific, the role is based in our Melbourne office. This is a senior-level role which involves responsibility for the ongoing relationship with many of the APAC region's most significant existing clients, enhancing long-term relationships with our customers through continuous review and improvement of CRD's products and service delivery in the region. Review and improvement includes pro-active communications, internal advocacy and on-going solicitation of feedback regarding our products and services, whilst having day-to-day oversight of Client Management and Operations.
The Operations Director will not only be expected to build and maintain an excellent relationship with each client, but also take responsibility for initiatives to enhance the product in APAC. You will work closely with the Director of Implementation to deliver client business and technical outcomes to ensure successful upgrading and onboarding of clients to the Charles River Investment Management System (Charles River IMS). General Requirements
- Minimum of 10 years of Financial / Software Services industry background with financial market information systems preferred.
- Bachelors Degree from a leading university or college in Business Management, Economics, Finance, Computer Science or the like.
- Front, Middle and Back Office, as well as instrument type knowledge across equities, fixed income, derivatives, FX etc.
- Demonstrated ability to client face up to C-Level management, using a hands-on approach, in major and medium sized corporations.
- Have an established successful Client Management track record.
- Understanding of multi-tier technical architectures and relational database structures. Familiarity with SQL, FIX, Crystal Reports, messaging and web services a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to meet self-imposed deadlines with proactive management skills to drive team outcomes and deliverables.
- Negotiate resolutions to difficult relationship and project issues to the advantage of both customers and CRD.
- Work with Product team to gather client requirements and create business requirement specifications.
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to speak at public events or author industry articles as required.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Able to differentiate and work at strategic and tactical levels simultaneously.
- Ability to travel required in the Asia Pacific region from a base in our Melbourne office.
- Bachelor's Degree from a leading university or college in Business Management, Economics, Finance, Computer Science or the like.
- Experience in either product management or systems analysis developing and delivering a multi-tier financial applications.
- Proven experience in managing the development of similar products
- Prior experience managing implementations of similar products in the financial services industry
- Technical and architectural experience