See job description for details
Process optimisation, data, knowledge & information management, software, application use, system integration. Your new company
A BA is required who is versed across project and programs is to be the lead as a technical and general business analyst - on year one of the IT strategy across the four 'could do' streams of: process optimisation, data, knowledge & information management, software and application use, system integration. To program manage the year one delivery of all eight streams of the strategy, including the four 'must do' streams of: governance, data security, mobility working, capacity and capability building. Your new role
- Determine key processes for automation and/or digitisation
- Map an enterprise view of data
- Enhance the management and reporting of software licences use
- Develop a system architecture map with system owners and key users
- Program manage and report progress on all eight streams of the IT strategy
Outcomes Delivery of year one of the IT strategy within time, cost, quality and scope parameters. To position commission for a transition to a business-as-usual function (for strategy years 2 to 5) from July 2022.
- Internal: Board / audit & risk committee, CEO, executive, IT governance group (DM&IT), senior managers, IT project managers, system and process owners in each division, Organisational Performance team (IT, Finance, People & Culture, Governance)
- External: System vendors, outsourced IT managed services (Ensyst), DPC, OVIC
Note - two major IT projects are delivered within the Energy and VEU divisions, by their own project managers; OP IT team is responsible for the standard operating environment. What you'll need to succeed
• Is regarded as a thought leader in project management; considers historical, political and broader context to inform project direction and mitigate risk; engage key stakeholders at senior levels; balances the needs of external stakeholders, team, and the organisation.
• Demonstrated project management experience relevant to the deliverables and qualifications of this role, having successfully managed similar projects using formal project management methodologies in an environment of strong project governance.
• Experience in applying structured project management methods, preferably in implementing IT strategies (no specific project management methodology applies).
• Demonstrated experience as Senior Business Analyst in the delivery of a transformation program.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience in the planning, workshop facilitation, identification/elicitation, documentation, review, and analysis to produce system maps, business requirements, business processes (as-is and to-be), and related project documentation as necessary.
• Demonstrated experience in developing complex process diagrams, use-cases, data flows, user centric designs, and related products as necessary.
• Confident in supporting and implementing the hand-over to business as usual of new solutions, business processes, procedures, and policies.
• Demonstrated experience to undertake business analysis related project activities on assigned projects.
• Comprehensive capabilities in workplace tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PowerBI.
• Comprehensive skills to provide authoritative advice to an executive audience, mentor staff, and perform quality assurance. What you'll get in return
9 month contract directly with the VPS What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV firstname.lastname@example.org LHS 297508