Senior Analyst, DevOps
We're changing at NAB. Our goal is to build a world-class platform to fight financial crime to keep our community and customers safe from the bad guys. Our engineering teams are at the centre of this fight and we need the best minds to combat the ever-growing threat of organised crime.
- Opportunities for career progression throughout the business
- Collaborative & challenging fast paced culture
- Build your career at NAB Your new role awaits
The role of Senior Analyst Engineering will provide critical thinking and a high degree of technical innovation and attention to detail while being recognised as a trusted advisor to the team and stakeholders. The characteristics include being versatile, displaying leadership qualities and enthusiasm to take on new problems across the full SDLC, ultimately assisting in moving technology forward.
We're looking for DevOps engineers to work collaboratively with the Financial Crime Fraud team to develop self-service, automation and CI/CD capability in the platform to enable the delivery of features in the hands of consumers, safely and quickly in a sustainable way. Enablement/ coaching of Developers and QAs in the platform with the skillset of a DevOps Engineer.
In addition to your strong technical capability you will be a proven team player, independent thinker and have a collaborative attitude towards your work and colleagues. Your day to day role will include:
• Implementation of DevOps practices including but not limited to Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Self Service Configuration,
• Infrastructure as Code, Automated Provisioning, Automated Release management.
• Provide professional and ethical behaviour in your actions by ensuring compliance with external legislation, bank standards and internal operating policies and procedures relevant to the position.
• Continuous Improvement of deployment and configuration processes.
• Provide technical assistance and support to other team members.
• Deliver optimal solutions for a range of users within resource constraints.
• Helping the delivery teams with the trouble shooting and problem solving whenever and wherever required.
• Ensure all personal training records are maintained.
• Ensure all work is performed in accordance with the requirements of the Health and Safety Policy, procedures and legislation.
• To conform with all internal operating procedures relevant to the position. You are
• Experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime environment, including automation experience with configuration management and infrastructure provisioning tools using cloud based solutions.
• Experience with at least one of the cloud platforms: AWS, Azure or GCP
• Demonstrated experience in configuration management tools like Ansible, puppet or Chef.
• Strong experience in architecting and implementing highly available, scalable and secure cloud solutions.
• Experience in setting up CI/CD pipelines using a tech stack of GIT, AWS (or GCP / Azure), Spring Boot, Jenkins, Artifactory and Java
• Experience with container technology / orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm or similar
• Proven experience in technical development change delivery using microservices and API
• Linux/Unix Shell Scripting.
• Experience working across Agile delivery environments.
• Experience in application development and / or support roles
• Experience in providing technology client service
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to assess and implement new technologies and processes.
• An open mindset and proven ability to innovate and influence. Your new team
We are part of the NAB Melbourne based technology team with an inclusive and friendly workplace that includes engineers from diverse backgrounds. We value a culture of learning, agility, openness, honesty and continuous improvement. Why NAB?
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We have an African Australian Inclusion Program, a range of Grad, Traineeship and Internship Programs, we are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, and be an endorsed employer for Women by Work180.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted. Advertised:
29 Jun 2020 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time