Senior Cloud Engineer
A career that gives you more
- Outstanding opportunity to build and progress your career
- Committed to working flexibly
- Use your expertise to drive positive outcomes for our customers
Your career at NAB is about more than money, it's about serving our customers well and helping our communities prosper. We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Cloud Engineer.
You are an experienced Senior Cloud Engineer who approaches Cloud technologies through a DevSecOps lens and works comfortably with Agile Scrum methodologies. Responsible for onboarding asset teams into a managed Cloud environment, you develop and manage automation frameworks to provide monitoring, patch management, release management, security and data retention. In addition to this you will support and develop DR strategies, provide guidance and consulting around DevOps best practices and collaborate with other cloud teams to support delivery.
Some key challenges that you will face are around scaling support and onboarding of assets through automation. With these challenges come opportunities to develop automated processes, working towards self service capability for the managed services function. Working within NAB regulatory and security guardrails can also prove challenging in such a large-scale environment.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to become part of a team responsible for ensuring our cloud services are managed to the needs of our rapidly changing business. The work will be fast paced, challenging and often across new or emerging cloud technologies. We are looking for people who are technically forward thinking and excited about the business value the cloud provides.
You will be expected to provide out of hours support (rotated through a team roster) for cloud services as part of our 24x7 coverage agreement. What you will bring
- Proven experience coaching and mentoring a team, and holding regular sessions for training
- Background in supporting Azure cloud services with a healthy knowledge in Windows and/or Linux system administration
- Experience supporting Azure foundational services (Virtual Machines, SQL managed instance, NSG's, ASG's, LB etc.)
- Experience using cloud native tools (i.e. Azure Log Analytics, Azure Update Management, Azure Functions etc) to review metrics, manage and monitor system/service health and utilisation of our cloud services
- A keen interest in automation and an ability to utilise tooling to improve efficiencies and repeatable tasks but also improve the day to day reliability and performance of our cloud managed services
- Working as infrastructure-as-code development and deployment
- Specific experience with cloud related automation concepts and tooling such as Azure Automation, Powershell Functions, TFE, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Git, Artifactory, Jira)
- Understanding of good cloud change management practices with an awareness of compliance and security standards.
- Ability to manage and develop in-life security patching, manage backup and disaster recovery processes
- Experience in fine tuning virtualization, storage configuration, and replication for specific workloads
- Excellent engagement skills, managing and coordinating between partners, acknowledging Security, Network, Architecture and Service Management requirements.
By joining NAB, you are committing to putting our customers' needs first every time. You will be ambitious for growth; always curious and learning from colleagues. You will speak honestly, always valuing the time and opinion of others. You will own your work, doing what's right, even when it's hard. NAB, invested in you
We are committed to gender equality and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and have a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have committed $70bn in financing to help address climate change and provide 2 days of paid leave each year through our employee volunteering program to support community organisations.
We support our colleagues to be their best by offering a wide range of educational, financial, lifestyle, health & well-being benefits. For more information please visit here. Join NAB
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's explore who you are and what drives you.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted. Advertised:
18 Sep 2020 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time Closing:
30 Oct 2020 5:00 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time