We add value by developing tailored investment solutions for our clients. From ideas, to innovative research to careful analysis and capable execution, we partner with our clients to give them a competitive edge.
At Willis Towers Watson Investments, we advise a range of institutional investors on their long-term investment strategies and investment governance structures. Our team’s on-going success is due, in large part, to our collaborative, client-centric and supportive atmosphere which fosters career development. In this leadership role you will work collaboratively with our team of around 45 investment professionals in Melbourne and Sydney, supported by our global network, to deliver innovative investment solutions and first class advice to our clients, as well as providing leadership within our team.
We are currently looking to appoint a Senior Investment Consultant to our Melbourne team. The successful candidate will have a keen interest in investment markets, strong analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative), strong presentation and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to successfully lead and manage internal teams and client relationships.
- Taking responsibility for delivering investment consulting advice to a portfolio of nominated clients.
- Providing advice to institutional investors in areas such as: risk budgeting, asset allocation and investment policy, investment governance, portfolio configuration and investment manager selection and monitoring.
- Working to get our best ideas and thinking on investment portfolio construction into client portfolios to deliver improved investment outcomes.
- Attending regular client Board and/or Investment Committee meetings, in addition to ad hoc meetings with clients’ internal investment staff.
- Contributing to Willis Towers Watson’s (WTW) thought leadership and research, with the aim of re-enforcing WTW’s ambition to be the globally recognised thought leader in the governance structures.
- Ensuring quality, timeliness and effectiveness of all work delivered to clients and colleagues.
- Leading, mentoring and developing other team members.
- Supporting and enhancing a culture of respect, trust and teamwork across the practice.
- Working effectively in collaboration with local and offshore associates in order to deliver optimal client solutions.
- Ensuring the retention of existing clients through consistent provision of high quality investment consulting advice.
- Participating in business development activities, including fostering and developing relationships with prospects.
- Identifying and communicating process improvements to enhance working efficiency.
- CFA, CIMA, actuarial or equivalent professional qualifications
- Considerable experience in the investment industry (for example: consulting, investment management, investment marketing or asset owner community).
- Extensive knowledge and skills in some or all areas of investment consulting, capital market analysis and investment management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to summarise complex information concisely and cohesively.
- The ability to initiate and adopt innovative and creative approaches to analysing and developing solutions to old, new and changing asset and liability issues, including an ability to work with asset modelling tool outputs.
- Knowledge of and the ability to be conversant on a wide range of investment management topics, including asset allocation, investment strategy, risk budgeting and modern portfolio theory.
- The maturity and professional experience necessary to interact and consult effectively with internal professional staff, clients and other outside parties on an independent basis.
- Capacity to effectively debate and subsequently influence internally and externally at all levels.
- The ability to build relationships internally and externally as well as leveraging the Company’s existing strengths to initiate and close new client relationships.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Superior numerical and verbal critical reasoning skills; strong analytical skills and the ability to think laterally and strategically.
- Strong attention to detail and high accuracy in all work.
- Track record of managing and mentoring colleagues to deliver high quality work.
Whilst the role is ideally full-time and based in our Melbourne CBD office, we will consider flexible working arrangements, which are actively promoted by Willis Towers Watson.
Equal Opportunity Employer.