Senior Solution Architect Financial Services
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Senior Solution Architect Financial Services you will be the senior technical leader and subject matter expert engaged in the solutioning and delivery of our complex systems integration and cloud-related projects. Working in partnership with the wider project team, you will be responsible for the overall technology strategy and architecture/design for complex systems integration and cloud-related solutions for your clients. You will also be responsible for the direction of technical resources on the project to implement solutions.
You will work on optimising resources to meet project constraints taking into account such concerns as client budget, skills availability, and complexity of the project/solution. From a client perspective you will deal with teams focused on designing, building, managing, transforming, migrating and expanding their services on cloud, on-premises, and hybrid solutions as required. Your role will also be to build trusted and ongoing relationships with key client stakeholders.
Key skills and experience:
- 8+ years experience with systems integration, application development and/or cloud-related solutions.
- 3+ years experience in an architecture leadership role in systems integration, application development and/or cloud-related solutions type projects.
- Expert level skills in large-scale complex systems integration (multi-technology; multi-vendor), across application and infrastructure domains.
- Expert level skills in guiding project technical resources to design and implement complex systems integration and cloud-related solutions/migrations.
- Experience in designing and implementing highly available and scalable solutions.
- Experience with contemporary engagement methods, including Proof of Concepts.
- Knowledge of Design Thinking, Agile and DevOps methods.
- Ability to position cloud technology against solution requirements.
- Significant experience within any of the major Industries or Government.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively with globally dispersed teams.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, yet producing tangible results.
- Ability to effectively manage challenging situations without loss of focus when under pressure.
- Batchelor Degree or equivalent in computing or related field.
Desired skills and experience:
Sign me up!
- You will be familiar with the major COTs packages that are in use in the Financial Industry and the relative strengths of those packages (eg Temenos, Zaffin, BANCS, Pega, Hogan, Guidewire, Duck Creek etc)
- TOGAF or equivalent architecture certification.
- Cloud certification.
- Knowledge of networking systems and architectures (DNS, TCP, UDP etc).
- Knowledge of various software technologies, methodologies and applied software engineering practices/standards.
- Business case modelling skills (i.e. Cloud total cost of Ownership vs Business as Usual purchases).
- Lead first of a kind and complex solution development.
- Provide end-to-end solution approach guidance and coaching.
- Create and use intellectual capital to solve diverse client issues in an innovative way.
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise