Senior System Engineer
- Greenfield opportunity, not just replacing legacy systems
- Have a seat at the table & partner with the business
- Growing business area with lots of opportunity
AustralianSuper is for all Australians and businesses; we invest members' money to help create the best possible retirement outcome. More than 2.2 million members trust us to invest more than $140 billion on their behalf. Our size has given us the ability to leverage significant investment opportunities for long term performance and lower fees that are passed onto our members.
We put members first in everything we do and are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce that share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes. Here's where you come in...
To support the growth of AustralianSuper and in particular, our technology platforms, we are looking for a Senior Systems Cloud Engineer.
Reporting to the Manager Technology Platforms the initial focus of this role will be to lead the development and deployment of a Hybrid Cloud environment with the funds integration partners.
You'll be our cloud subject matter expert and you'll lead the build out the delivery of our cloud infrastructure for critical products that have a tremendous impact across our platforms.
You'll have the technical autonomy to build out and configure a Cloud solution that is stable, easy to support and integrated with on premise systems. Your responsibilities will include:
In order to succeed you'll have...
- Provide sound and informed advice on new technologies and approaches, with room to learn, develop and grow.
- Develop our operational model and drive continuous operational excellence through automation, monitoring, and incident analysis.
- Provide technical feedback into product roadmaps for the team.
- Mentor and grow the more junior engineers on the team.
- Develop tools that scale and ease the administration of our systems.
- Work with other Network and Systems Engineers to make our platform more elastic and fault tolerant.
- Lead projects from the design, implementation, delivery, and documentation to support the different services provided by our team.
- Come from a DevOps or Cloud Ops environment and be confident in your knowledge and experience with hands-on deployment of complex environments.
- Experience provisioning O365 products and services providing advice on design, use, and best practices of O365.
- A communication style that allows you to gain the confidence of and influence senior management and other key stakeholders.
- Experience working directly with the business and offering strategic guidance on the best cloud solutions.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit members, please apply now! Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Please note, this role is deemed to be an Access Person role. Disclosure and Personal Trading requirements apply to the successful candidate. Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper's Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.