Splunk Engineer - Multiple positons
We’re building a bank for the future, and to do that we have identified critical Engineering capabilities to support our transformation. This is why we need people like you!
What is your tribe mission?
- Are you an engineer and have great ideas and want to test them? Engineering at ANZ is the place to be
- Our Engineers work on problems that matter most to our customers. Is this you?
- We’re changing our organization to becoming more of a tech company
The purpose of the Group Payments Tech Area is to transform Payments by fortifying existing platforms, simplifying and standardising processes and technology and by enabling our business through reusable end-to-end services. What will Your Day look like?
As a SPLUNK Engineer
, you need to actively engage in the whole lifecycle (inception, design, development, testing, deployment, operation, monitoring and refinement) of systems and services.
You will enforce strong SPLUNK delivery skills and implement best practices that align to the tribe vision. You will role model delivery excellence in the area of SPLUNK development and frameworks.
You will also be expected to groom and mentor chapter members and build a cohesive growth oriented culture aligning to the ANZ’s Great Place to Grow vision. What will be in your toolkit?
You might also have the following specialised skills:
- Strong understanding of SPLUNK development technologies, practices and patterns.
- Monitor, measure and maintain availability and health of our SPLUNK services and platform.
- Actively participate in end to end system design and delivery.
- Strong ability to manage incidents/problems/defects, apply fixes and resolve systematic issues while managing stakeholder expectations.
- Mentor other engineers in the chapter
Be part of our Engineering community, it’s not just a job.
- Proven experience in software engineering and security practices and standards around designing, writing, testing and refactoring
- Experience in on-boarding of any applications in Splunk that involves log ingestion, database query and development of transaction stitching by adding key field extraction, lookup, macros and saved searches
- Well verse in Splunk dashboard creation and update
- Knowledge of Splunk indexer, forwarder, file transfer, field extractor would be an added advantageous
- Experience with New Relic will be an added advantage
- Adopts a vision and plan for application level solution design and architecture for the platform
- Provides ongoing support for platforms as required e.g. problem and incident management and takes part in troubleshooting for service recovery
- Exposure to New Relic would be an added advantage
- Strong programming skills in Java, Python scripting and Regex expressions
- Exposure to Continuous Integration and Deployment tools
We’re building innovative, flexible and simplified technology solutions that enhance the way people bank. By doing this, we’re also designing, influencing and shaping the engineering community within Australia. About ANZ
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We’re as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued and support.
Apply now if this role is for you.