Superannuation Administration & Complaints Lead
Vanguard Australia has been helping investors achieve their long-term financial goals for over 20 years. Serving institutional and individual clients, and financial advisers, we offer investment solutions that are low-cost, diversified and robust through time.
With more than AUD $7 trillion in assets under management Vanguard is one of the world's largest global investment management companies. In Australia we partner with institutional clients, financial advisers and individual investors to offer low-cost investment solutions. Our comprehensive range of managed funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs) and tailored investment solutions are built to support long-term investment success for our clients.
At Vanguard Investments Australia (VIA) we have a focus on increasing our efforts to serve Australian investors directly. As part of that journey we are working on an expansion of our offering to include superannuation. Australia has one of the best retirement systems in the world and we want to help make it better for all Australians. With significant global and local expertise in the retirement space, coupled with our disciplined, low-cost approach to investing we are committed to helping more Australians reach their retirement goals. The opportunity - Vanguard Super Operations
The Vanguard Super Operations team enables the delivery of the defined member experience and operating model, ensuring cost effective and efficient services are delivered to the fund through partnership with outsourced providers. Our Operations team are also responsible for managing the relationships with providers and monitoring services delivered, ensuring they support our value proposition and meet member expectations.
As part of this team we are recruiting an Administration and Complaints Lead who will lead a small team of Administration specialists responsible for managing the day to day administration tasks, issues, escalations, complaints, collateral, rules and processes to ensure delivery of the defined member experience. What you will do
What we are looking for
- General oversight of administration activities, processes, business rules, continuous improvement, collateral, complex cases and reporting.
- Ensure that all complaints are actively managed, responded to and resolved within agreed service standards.
- Effectively manage relationship with members, administrator, insurer and other stakeholders as required.
- Manage end to end complaints process, ensuring appropriate changes to processes are implemented to address the root cause, where necessary.
- Respond to AFCA queries and participation in conciliation conferences as required.
- Assist with collation, validation and submission of Complaints reporting to OST and Complaints Committee as required
Specialisations that will make an impact
- Undergraduate degree in a related field is desirable and any relevant post graduate qualifications would be highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role leading teams in the investment management, superannuation or other financial services organisations would be well regarded
- Demonstrated experience in managing matters of high complexity, sound problem solving, resolution and decision-making abilities
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating with internal and external stakeholders, within a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of regulatory framework and environment including the SIS Act, Stronger Super, APRA prudential standards
- Experience working within a superannuation fund and with external outsourced partners
- Experience managing complaints and the complaints regulator
- Experience with agile practices
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success. Where to from here?
If you would like to discuss further please contact Richard Maher from our Talent Acquisition team on Richard.email@example.com .