Superannuation Insurance Operations & Claims Lead
Vanguard Australia is currently working on an exciting expansion of our business. With significant global and local expertise in the retirement space, coupled with our disciplined, low-cost approach to investing, we are committed to helping more Australians reach their retirement goals by developing our own Superannuation fund.
As part of this launch we are now looking to recruit an Insurance Operations & Claims Lead
to manage all operational processes relating to Vanguard Super's insurance claims assessment and payment, including death, total and permanent disablement, income protection, and other permissible early release claims. You will also coach, lead and develop a small team of two Case Managers. What you will do
In this role you will have the opportunity to partner with outsourced providers and Super members to administer complex insurance claim determinations and establish an empathetic process.
You will also:
What it takes
- Interpret legal documents to establish and manage claims processes, procedures, and controls that meet compliance standards;
- Advise the business and outsourced partners based on deep understanding of underwriting, group insurance plans, and industry best practices for Super funds and insurance claims administration;
- Create member communication materials and procedures for insurance claims, and Addresses concerns from Super members, insurer, and administrator through various communication channels;
- Develop strong relationships with the insurer and administrator to ensure timely and high quality service delivery to members or their beneficiaries during the claims process;
- Manage the most complex claims cases, advise on less complex claims and monitor volumes and service levels;
- Partners internally to ensure insurance claim determinations are delivered to members in line with internal frameworks, product design, and fund business rules.
- Contribute to the annual monitoring program for insurance and monitor performance of providers to agreed service standards, addressing issues identified by trustee or internal partners.
- Prepare claims submissions reports to the Trustee Board.
In addition, to possessing significant experience in the Superannuation sector, we are looking for someone capable and comfortable in a green field environment, who can be a part of building Vanguard Super from the ground up.
You will have:
Inclusion at Vanguard
- Eight years' insurance related experience in a Superannuation setting.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline.
- High level of proficiency with superannuation prudential standards and understanding of regulatory landscape.
- Ability to manage sensitive and difficult claims with a high degree of empathy.
- Excellent underwriting and insurance related knowledge for defined contribution funds.
- RG146 Superannuation & Insurance qualified.
- Prior leadership experience a plus.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing!"
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.