AWS Database Migration Engineer
- Sydney, Nouvelle-Galles du Sud, Australie
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 21 mai 19
AWS Database Migration Engineer
Amazon Web Services (Database Migration Service) is seeking talented database engineers in Sydney who will innovate and engineer solutions in the area of database migration technology.
The candidate will be working directly with the AWS DMS Migration Technology team.
Help us revolutionize the Cloud! AWS is the fastest growing division within Amazon.
The AWS Database Migration Service helps you migrate databases to AWS easily and securely. With the AWS Database Migration Service, the source database remains fully operational during the migration, minimizing downtime to applications that rely on the database.
The AWS Schema Conversion Tool makes heterogeneous database migrations easy and simple by automatically converting the entire database schema and a majority of the custom code of the source database to a format compatible with the target database. Any code that cannot be automatically converted is clearly marked so that it can be manually converted.
We need individuals who are enthusiastic about applying bold new ideas to solving real-world customer problems and who are passionate about working with customers. Candidates must be able to translate customers' needs and use cases into technical innovation and robust engineering solutions on AWS.
The DBE team is actively working with customers and partners to facilitate the migration of customer databases and associated workloads into AWS. If you are passionate about helping customers migrate and modernize their systems to fully leverage the capabilities of AWS, join our team! Excellent communication and customer relationship skills, and willingness to travel are required.
Candidates must have:
• Deep knowledge and experience designing and maintaining relational databases including MySQL, Oracle, Postgres or SqlServer
• Database migration experience
• Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (RDS, EC2, EBS, S3, etc.)
• Systems engineering experience, including Linux performance, memory management, I/O tuning, configuration, security, networking, clusters and troubleshooting.
• Broad awareness of customer workloads and use cases, including performance, availability and scalability
• Experience analyzing issues holistically, from the application tier through the database, down to the storage.
• Experience working directly with customers, resolving database, systems and infrastructure-related issues and also providing systems architecture leadership.
• Awareness of emerging technologies and approaches in IT
• Working knowledge of at least one scripting language (shell, Python, Perl).
• Coding skills in the procedural language for at least one database engine a must (PL/SQL, T-SQL etc.)
• Proven track record of automating tasks
• Excellent communication skills
• Willingness to travel
• Familiarity with DMS and SCT a plus
• Consulting experience is a plus
4+ years of experience engineering, administering and managing multiple relational database flavors (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer, PostgreSQL) including experience in database migration.
Experience in consulting
Some project management