Analyst/Associate-Australian Equity Product Strategist
- Not Specified
- Sydney, Nouvelle-Galles du Sud, Australie Sydney Nouvelle-Galles du Sud AU
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 18 août 18 2018-08-18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview:
The Australian Equity team manages a range of equity products across the risk spectrum; from index and low risk Core Alpha funds to High Alpha concentrated funds and long-short strategies. Our clients include large institutions, superannuation funds, as well as advisor groups and investment platforms. Our Product Strategists are a critical component of our investment success. They are seasoned investment professionals working within the investment team as the link to the client team and our clients. Our Product Strategists represent the Equity Platform both internally and externally, acting as a specialised source of product and market knowledge. They are involved across a range of activities, from understanding client needs, to providing market and product information, to on-boarding new clients, through to reporting for existing ones. They also contribute to investment success by providing diversity of thinking to the investment teams, and are also responsible for driving business success.
We are actively searching for a dedicated Australian Equity Product Strategist to join the team. The position is based in Sydney and will help support all aspects of product strategy for equities in Australia. This will include local equity strategies as well as global equity strategies that clients depend on to diversify their portfolios. The successful candidate will work with a range of investment professionals, with guidance from more senior product strategists, to deliver continued business growth. The role provides a great opportunity to learn and build a career in product strategy.
- Act as a client facing member of the investment team representing the entire Equity Platform to investors
- Prepare portfolio reviews, write market commentaries, and provide other timely marketing materials. Maintaining oversight for all materials produced to ensure they are of the highest quality.
- Take a proactive approach to solving clients’ investment-related, business and operational issues by serving as the liaison between the investment team and all other areas of BlackRock (clients, operations, technology, legal and compliance, marketing, finance)
- Contribute to new business opportunities via responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), and more general client enquiries
- Respond to ad-hoc information requests in a timely manner to help support our client team
- Contribute to investment team views and maintain an up to date knowledge base on the investment team’s activities and outlook
- Through daily responsibilities, develop relationships with partners across the firm, and increase awareness of the Australian equity platform throughout BlackRock
- Minimum 2 years of experience within the investment management industry. More experienced candidates from non-investment management industry are encouraged to apply.
- Passion for investments, especially equity markets
- Understanding of financial markets, portfolio management and economic concepts
- Tertiary qualification. Post-graduate degrees (PhD, MBA, Masters) and/or CFA designation viewed favourably.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple objectives simultaneously in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Strong presentation as well as oral and written communications skills
- Ability to understand and articulate investment strategies clearly and with confidence, including market views, fund positioning and performance drivers
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel and ability to develop familiarity and skills using proprietary technology. Ability to code, viewed positively.
- Strong desire to meet deadlines and provide high quality deliverables
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Unimpeachable integrity, strong work ethic and professional disposition
- Self-direction, ownership, organisation and initiative with a client-centric mindset
- Innovative thinker, able to design scalable solutions to problems
- Provide diversity in thinking and in views, and being open to and accepting of diversity in its many forms
- Presence, maturity and credibility to effectively represent internally and externally, and confidence in engaging with internal and external clients
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.