Analyst, Risk & Assurance
Operational Risk, Consultant #CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER The Role
The purpose of the role and your unique contribution is to be part of the operational risk team responsible to drive efficient and effective management of operational risk in the Australian Division.
The Consultant, Operational Risk provides risk identification management, review, mitigation and reporting alongside business owners aligned to the IAG Risk Management Strategy, Risk Management Framework and Risk Appetite Statement.
This role is a visible advocate for driving risk maturity uplift and improvement in operational risk culture within the divisions. A critical success factor for the role is the ability to engage broadly and communicate effectively within IAG to influence a practical understanding of operational risk. Key Responsibilities:
Skills & Experience
- Supports the development and implementation of the Risk management strategy, Risk frameworks and methodology for Australia to increase operational risk maturity across business units
- Provide assurance to the interactions we have with our customers to ensure they are receiving service aligned to the correct processes and policy information through associated risk activity
- Uplifts Risk Maturity via a business partnering model with the Business Unit Risk reps to facilitate the taking of risk within appetite by risk owners
- Participates and or facilitates in risk profiling activity along the operational risk leads and managers
- Works with business unit owners to provide mitigations and plans including coaching, workshops and other activity, including oversight and development of:
- Business Continuity Plan
- Compliance Plan
- Fraud Control Plan
- Assurance Plan
- Business Licence
- Delivers risk-based reviews of businesses process to determine whether they are being executed and managed effectively, supporting a continuous improvement approach - supporting or co-ordinating with the Targeted Review Team where necessary
- Identifies whether the design and execution of controls are adequate and effective in mitigating risks, including establishing a robust control environment, including control and process testing
- Provides incident management oversight and supports the business owners to respond to investigating, managing and resolving incidents and escalations, including the reporting of significant reportable breaches to regulators
- Undertakes reliable and factual risk reporting through necessary systems and processes, including oversight of incidents
- Certifies compliance with our policies, procedures, contracts, applicable laws and regulations alongside the Compliance Lead
- Facilitates/supports with risk assessments & reporting for key business initiatives/projects
- Maintains effective systems and processes for receiving & implementing new regulatory obligations
- Regularly review & update relevant information in systems (e.g. GARi) which includes but not limited to risk profiles, compliance register and control testing outcomes
- Participates in program monitoring and ensures greater visibility over partnerships/authorised representatives & global partners to enable risk-based decisions
- Embeds risk maturity in the business and a pro-active risk management culture
- Coach others to increase technical skills and risk capability
- Demonstrates Closer, Braver, Faster and live by the values of our spirit
- Experience in General insurance or financial services industry, and exposure to risk management or compliance role - essential
- Technical capabilities:
- Analytical thinking - knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organisational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business
- Global Perspective - Knowledge of issues, opportunities, and challenges for conducting business in the international marketplace; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Insurance Industry - Knowledge of the insurance industry's trends, directions, major issues, and regulatory considerations; ability to apply insurance knowledge and experience into various business environments.
- Business Acumen - Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
#Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do.
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI. Let's Talk
Start your career journey with us and click 'Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, up to 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We are open to applicants from Sydney or Melbourne. Applications close Friday 3rd July. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.