Analyst for Fund Manager
- Market competitive base + bonus
- Sydney, Nouvelle-Galles du Sud, Australie
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Coolabah Capital Investments
- 08 sept. 17
Buy-side analyst/senior analyst role at one of Australia's leading investment managers with circa $2bn in FUM focussing on fixed-income. Reporting to PMs, analyst will cover diverse sectors and full capital structure ranging from hybrid equity to senior debt. Must have min. 3yrs experience as an equities or credit analyst on buy- or sell-side. Must be motivated high-performer willing to go above & beyond. Very competitive base + bonus compensation structure with prospect for equity participation. Boutique 8 person investment team is based in Sydney.
Buy-Side Analyst/Senior Analyst
- One of Australia's leading investment managers
- Capital structure focus ranging from hybrid equity to senior debt
- Must have experience as an equities or credit analyst
- Must be motivated high-performer willing to go above & beyond
- Very competitive base + bonus compensation structure
We are a successful, buy-side fixed-income fund manager looking for an experienced equities or credit analyst to work with our existing team of portfolio managers/analysts on bottom-up research of issuers and hybrid equity and debt securities issued by local and offshore companies and government entities into the Australian market.
The role is a senior analyst position that will require very detailed written analysis of the issuer's balance-sheet and financials to determine the outright valuation, relative valuation, and riskiness of a range of its securities across the capital structure spanning hybrid equity instruments to senior debts. These outputs will be directly inputted into the investment decision-making process and will likely be very influential on actions as a result.
The role is a demanding one reporting into the portfolio managers that will be subject to very tight deadlines and high expectations regarding the accuracy, quality and creativity of the work produced by the analyst.
The analyst must be able to work autonomously reviewing companies/state entities and their associated securities, be highly pro-active in reaching out to management teams when reviewing businesses, and display exceptional insight when determining valuations and quantifying upside and downside opportunities.
Must have worked on the buy-side or sell-side completing comprehensive analysis and research on Australian equity and/or debt securities for at least 2 years. The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Extremely hard working
- Extremely intelligent
- Capable of meeting tight deadlines and working with high-performance and demanding superiors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deep experience/expertise in analysis, including detailed financial, risk and valuation modelling
- Outstanding relationship management skills in building relationships across corporates and market participants
We will pay market competitive rates for the right candidate encompassing a base plus bonus structure. The role will be results-orientated with no traditional institutional bureaucracy/politics given we are a small firm with 10 investment staff.