Associate Director - Index Management
- Sydney, Nouvelle-Galles du Sud, Australie Sydney Nouvelle-Galles du Sud AU
- CDI, Plein-temps
- S&P Global
- 16 juil. 18 2018-07-16
Associate Director - Index Management
S&P Dow Jones Indices
The Role: Associate Director, Index Management
The Location: AUS - Sydney
The Team: The Asia Pacific Index Management Team within the Global Index Management & Production Group.
The Impact: The Associate Director, Index Management will lead the team responsible for the daily maintenance and calculation of S&P Dow Jones Indices in Sydney, consisting of a variety of products including the S&P/ASX and S&P/NZX indices that collectively have billions of dollars in tracking AUM. The successful candidate will be expected to assume full responsibility for overseeing the Index Management processes and team, with a view to continually streamlining the index operations and ensuring a balance of efficiency and best practice. In this role, one will also be expected to maintain the unique ASX and NZX exchange relationships as the primary point of contact operationally through the respective index committees.
What's in it for you: As part of the global Index Management team, you will work collaboratively with a wide range of indices across global markets and must be able to analyze and implement complex index methodologies and solve non-routine problems on an on-going basis.
- Oversee Index Production undertaken by the team of Index Managers. Ensure Index Production processes are streamlined and effective. 40% of time.
- Work closely with S&P Dow Jones Indices technology group to further enhance our system capabilities by identifying (and by working as part of a team to correct) deficiencies in our work flow and quality control processes. Lead User Acceptance Testing (UAT) as assigned or as necessary. 15% of time.
- Ensure high standards of quality are met. Lead the Index Management QA process to review any errors and enhance processes accordingly. Participate in the global QC process. 15% of time.
- Assess capacity to maintain additional indices within the Index Management team. Liaise with other key stakeholder groups, including Research & Design, Product Management and PMO in the development of new indices. 10% of time.
- Take lead role in index committees and methodology reviews to ensure indices are calculated in accordance with S&P DJI standards. 10% of time.
- Talent Management for Index Manager Employees, with responsibility for staff performance, development and recruitment. 10% of time.
- Ensure that client needs are met at all stage of the index management process (development of new indices and ongoing maintenance/methodology). Work closely with APAC Product Management and Client Coverage teams to understand and respond to client needs.
- Be a subject matter expert and a point of escalation for analysts in dealing with all manner of issues arising from index production.
- Be able to train both new and existing employees in order to ensure best practices are maintained across all index management processes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key members of other groups within S&P Dow Jones Index Services and across other departments, particularly the technology group, in order to further enhance system capabilities and improve processes and work flows.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key members of the ASX and NZX exchanges in order to ensure daily operations run smoothly in accordance with any SLAs, but also to facilitate the mitigation of any outages or issues as quickly as possible should they arise.
- A demonstrable understanding of global financial markets, with specific knowledge of Australian and New Zealand equity market nuances a plus.
- 4-6 years' work experience. At least 4 years' experience working in an index environment to demonstrate necessary knowledge and experience.
- Management experience required
- Bachelor's Degree. Advanced degree in business, math, economics, or finance strongly preferred.
- Ability to learn S&P's proprietary index calculation engines.
- Ability to learn rebalance and index maintenance procedures quickly.
- Strong understanding of how indices are used, the impact of different methodologies, corporate event events on both indices and financial portfolios.
- Superior computer skills in Excel, Word and related applications. Access, VBA, SQL would be an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to coordinate work done by multiple people and / or groups.
- Excellent analytical and numerical capabilities to aid in solving non-routine problems in a timely fashion.
- Take a leading and subject matter expert role in coordination with the technology group and production support group to further enhance our system capabilities by identifying (and by working as part of a team to correct) deficiencies in our work flow and quality control processes.
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law .