Associate Managing Director, Business Intelligence and Investigations
Kroll is a division of Duff & Phelps, a global advisor with nearly 3,500 professionals in 28 countries around the world. Our clients include publicly traded and privately held companies, law firms, government entities and investment organizations such as private equity firms and hedge funds. We also advise the world's leading standard-setting bodies on valuation and governance best practices.
Kroll's Business Intelligence and Investigations ("BII") practice is world-renowned for our trusted experts, global resources, local insight, and actionable results. As the originator of the modern, independent internal investigation, over our 45-year history Kroll has conducted thousands of investigations worldwide. Clients have entrusted us with assisting them to resolve some of their most difficult and business critical challenges.
Our investigative services include financial, internal, and regulatory investigations, asset searches, brand protection, forensic accounting, dispute advisory services, litigation support, business/market entry intelligence, transaction intelligence, proxy contests, intellectual property infringement and product counterfeiting, and regulatory or court-ordered monitorships.
Kroll's BII practice is staffed with a multidisciplinary team of professionals who include former prosecutors, law enforcement officers and journalists, as well as certified public and forensic accountants, data analytics experts, and certified fraud examiners. Summary of Position
As the Associate Managing Director, you will be responsible for delivery of overall financial and client objectives. You will be expected to identify new business opportunities and be actively involved in the development of marketing and product initiatives, given your first-hand knowledge of conducting detailed business analysis supported by more wide-ranging investigations in order to bring a cost effective and commercial solution to issues affecting Kroll's clients.
Responsibilities will also include negotiating and reviewing deal contracts, drafting and reviewing proposals, managing pipeline, supporting client executives in closing deals, speaking as content expert, and drafting thought leadership which will positively reflect upon Kroll and the business.
You will be responsible for developing, producing, and supporting the investigative case work, dealing with clients and managing complex jurisdictional assignments. Additionally, this role will be responsible for contributing to the on-going development and growth of your assigned office.
A deep understanding of the case and client needs is key to ensuring overall effective and financially viable case management.
Above all, you must be able to demonstrate a passion and energy for this role, and possess the confidence and ability to drive forward Kroll's leadership in this dynamic and challenging field. Other responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the growth of the BII practice, including the development and implementation of strategic and tactical plans to exceed the growth and revenue goals of the organization.
- Influence and collaborate with practitioners across all of Kroll on cross-functional practices, and business collaboration efforts.
- Development and management of projects, throughout the life and the engagement: meeting with client to discuss needs, preparation of commercial and technical proposal, agreement of engagement, development of working plan and budget, allocation of resources, direction of project team members, delivery and quality assurance and project invoicing
- Represent Kroll in speaking engagements, conventions, industry events and sound bites as required
- Mentor and develop staff to ensure the execution of client objectives and deliverables.
- Contribute to the professional development and evaluation of junior project team members, encourage behavior transformation
- Demonstrate excellent judgment, be commercially-focused and be driven by professional excellence and a commitment to the Kroll brand.
- 12+ years of professional service leadership including expertise in the areas of investigation, reputational due diligence, and forensic services
- Proven experience in business development, managing partnerships with large and/or industry-leading organizations
- Demonstrate exemplary written and oral communication skills
- Has successfully worked with C-Level executives
- Experienced in contract preparation, review and execution
- Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to establish trust and credibility across the organization
- Strong ability to influence across multiple business lines
- Must be flexible, enthusiastic and possess good human relations skills.
- Must be able to think independently and make sound decisions.
- Must be proficient in MS office products, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (listening, verbal, written presentation)
- Native or near native fluency in East and Southeast Asian languages preferred but not required
- Display ability to communicate effectively particularly with external clients and internal colleagues demonstrating the ability to reach the desired project outcome
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- BA/BS required, advanced degree preferred
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.