- Sydney, Nouvelle-Galles du Sud, Australie
- Intérim, Plein-temps
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- 16 janv. 18
Associate / Senior Associate, Data Analytics, Markets Digital Office, Sydney (12 month contract)
Associate / Senior Associate, Data Analytics, Markets Digital Office, Sydney (12 month contract)Job no: 995897
Work type: Contract / Secondment
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Institutional Banking
Associate/Senior Associate, Data Analytics, Markets Digital Office, (12 month contract), Global Markets
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) manage the Group's relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services.
Markets is a department of IB&M and is responsible for all of the Group's activities in interest rate, fixed income, foreign exchange, and commodity risk management. This covers both physical and derivative markets; and Operational support function for Global Markets as well as other IB&M Departments.
We aspire to deliver transformative technology and innovative solutions
The Markets Digital Office is the single point of coordination for all digital, analytics and innovation ideas within Global Markets. We provide an end to end service to help the markets division develop their digital ideas from early concept through design and delivery. The ability to approach clients with a different mindset is key and combining that with an understanding of Markets digital products ensures solutions are innovative.
In this role you will develop and manage the delivery of analytics, insights and opportunities for Global Markets with the primary purpose of achieving increased client value and growing market share.
Innovation is what drives us forward
You will collaborate with business stakeholders to identify business needs and develop innovative solutions and efficient processes to interact with data in a greenfield analytics environment.
The impact of your contribution will result in:
- Delivery of analytics solutions using customer centric design and an agile delivery methodology
- Through extraction and analysis of data, this role will provide insights to gain an exceptional understanding of business performance, customer needs and behaviour.
- Solutions to transform raw data into data assets utilised to create actionable business insights.
- Build and maintain knowledge of group data assets where relevant for the business' needs.
- Establish a suite of key dashboards that are needed within the business and then work with your team to deliver, manage and derive value from these products.
- Drive a self-serve analytics discovery culture throughout the business through the use of analytics tools.
- Promote and enhance the development and marketing of Digital to the bank's clients by being a digital specialist, initiating ideas and liaising with the sales teams to enhance the Bank's digital revenue.
- Build internal trusted relationships and networks with targeted key stakeholders across Markets to establish and maximise analytics culture within the Markets Business
To join us as we continue to develop market leading solutions, you will have:
- Strong analytical skills and experience in database technologies and languages including SQL (additional language such as python or database experience in Kdb+ desirable).
- Experience in using visualisation tools including Tableau, Spotfire or Power BI (additional experience in D3 desirable).
- Ability to collect, structure and rationalise large data sets to allow efficient use of data.
- Ability to visually represent and evaluate data sets for patterns and trends or identifying key business insights.
- Excellent communication abilities; successfully relay analytical results to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Design Thinking / Customer Centred Design understanding and training is desirable.
Our culture of inclusion
Your individuality is welcomed and openly encouraged in our workplace. These unique insights and different perspectives enable us to provide excellent customer service to an equally diverse customer base. With such a diverse workforce, we understand the importance of creating and maintaining an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe and comfortable to be themselves at work. We believe in giving people a go and supporting those who want to drive their careers forward. With unmatched scope of working opportunities across the business, the only person who can hold your progress back is you.
Please apply online to be considered for this role. Have a question about your application, our process or what happens next? Click here for some of the most commonly asked questions about applying for a role at CommBank.
We value you and won't leave you hanging. Our advertising closes 19 January 2018 but expect to hear from us within a week of your application. Best of luck!
Advertised: 09 Jan 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 19 Jan 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
It's our people's talent, initiative, ideas and energy that help us achieve great things, together.