Assurance Engagement Manager
- Salary packaging - to suit your personal and financial circumstances
- Buy and sell leave - purchase up to 6 weeks of extra annual leave.
- Technology discounts - from Apple, HP, Lenovo, to Windows
Do you want to work with an intellectually curious team to deploy "tools" and develop methodology to support assurance practitioners? What will your typical day look like?
As more and more organisations seek assurance on subject matters that are not traditional financial statements, there has been focus on the assurance engagements standards. As the need for assurance grows within the Australian market we are seeking an additional team member, through either a secondment or an 18 month contract with the option for a permanent role, to help support the expanded scope of training, deployment, implementation and review of other assurance related topics.
About the team
The Audit and Assurance Quality and Risk Team (AAQR), is a national team that is responsible for supporting 1,500 professionals across 12 offices. AAQR is responsible for overseeing the deployment, adoption, maintenance and monitoring of "audit and assurance" related solutions. This role is focused on the ISAE/ASAE 3000 suite of standards. The role involves supporting teams with "assurance" related queries and reports, work papers and technologies to plan, execute and document their work. Enough about us, let's talk about you.
We're looking for someone with:
- A passion for understanding the ASAE/ISAE 3000 suite of standards and attention to detail to ensure external reporting and work is performed in accordance with standards
- Strong problem solving capabilities, with an interest in innovative and creative thinking and a passion for working on strategic initiatives in a collaborative environment
- Ability to productively manage others and work within a virtual team and effectively communicate with all different levels of staff, including cross-functional collaboration and working with global counterparts
- Interest in development of practice aides, guides and training to support the deployment and adoption of new and updated standards as issued by the Australian Auditing and Assurance Board.
- Minimum of 5 years' practical audit experience and professionally Qualified or Certified Auditor/Accountant (e.g., CPA / CA / ACCA)
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. Next Steps
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
If you've got any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, contact Charyke Crouse from the Talent Acquisition Team at (02) 9322 5623. We'd love to hear from you!
The minimum salary requirement for this role is $ 90,000 including 9.5% superannuation.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu is the DTTL member firm in Australia ("Deloitte Australia"). "Deloitte" is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to select clients.
Requisition code: AUEXP171762