Business Manager Your team
Enterprise Services (ES) brings together the Group's information technology and banking operations functions to deliver the highest levels of customer service through world-class process excellence and technology innovation.
The Group Program of Action (POA) has been established to execute enhancements and uplifts to the Groups Financial Crime Compliance control environment. We work closely with many stakeholders across the Group to identify and deliver strategic outcomes to ensure the Groups goal of disrupting financial crime. Your role:
This broad role will be responsible for the uplift and enhancement of current operating plans and rhythms in partnership with various teams across the business. You will report to the General Manager POA (Program of Action) and:
Other Responsibilities include:
- Take an active role in identifying and managing the Programs pipeline of cross-functional support, approvals and reporting.
- Simplifying operational procedures to increase Group and employee outcomes.
- Forward planning and engaging with Business Units to prepare for board, ELT or audit reporting.
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct sets the standards of behaviour, actions and decisions we expect from our people.
Your skills and experience
- Assists in the collection and preparation of required budget information
- Documents performance criteria used for evaluating business trends and activities. Assists in preparing charts, graphs, tables, and other tools to reflect business performance.
- Works on business intelligence projects in a limited environment. Uses BI tools to produce management reports
- Business improvement initiatives by utilising six sigma methodologies
- Senior level Stakeholder management
- Risk management
- Demonstrated knowledge in business management / legal or management consulting practise management; preferably in a large enterprise
- Working with and in cross-functional skills/team.
- Continuous improvement experience or mindset.
- Business Intelligence skills and financial reporting skills desirable
- Proven problem solving and planning skills
- Passion to keep learning and keen to grow to the next level.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to build relationships across varied stakeholder groups including senior executives.
- Experience working in or close to large programs desirable, not required
If this role is of interest, you would like more information or a fully confidential discussion on opportunities with CommBank, please do apply now.
This is a highly rewarding, career minded opportunity that will lead you on to great things. With a supportive management structure and a fantastic work / life balance which offers flexible, full time, part time and job share work arrangements, the CBA will, in return for your skills and passion, offer you a challenging, varied and enjoyable opportunity and the autonomy to shine. If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities, we can offer great opportunities. Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, we can support this.
We are committed to building a respectful and inclusive workplace, appointing the best person for the role, supporting diversity across all areas. All information will be held in the strictest of confidence.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 02/03/2021