Business Project Manager
GCB 5 Some career choices have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can network with stakeholders and colleagues and who'll work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you'll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships.
Our ambition is to become Australia's #1 International Retail Bank, to focus on the internationalist customer and to build a progressive bank for the future. We are investing in long term growth including expanding our digital and technology capability to deliver a premium service to our customers. We currently have several new opportunities in our Technology team based in Sydney where you will be driving the fast-pace implementation of our Technology Strategy and Customer Solutions.
Working in the team you will be involved through the design thinking process; finding opportunities, researching and defining technology and digital solutions, and then building and delivering transformational change for our customers and people.
Reporting into the Head of Wealth & Personal Banking IT (WPB), you will be pivotal in positioning HSBC Australia for continued and long term sustainable growth through your wealth of experience in Team Coordination, Work Prioritization, Conflict Resolution and Stakeholder Management within HSBC Regulatory and Compliance business unit. The IT project manager will lead the delivery of the technology and systems for various Regulatory Compliance and Risk related projects. This involves delivery of technology solutions to meet all regulatory requirements as well as projects that remediates the risk profile of the business. The IT project manager will work with a large number of stakeholders across the Wealth and Personal Banking business, inclusive of Product and Service Owners, Risk, Compliance Managers, Digital and a wide range of IT teams. Projects could range from delivering new or enhancing existing solutions for new regulatory requirements, reporting, implementing new system controls, supporting customer and product related initiatives. Responsibilities:
• Lead and manage the delivery of IT solutions under the Regulatory, Compliance and Risk value stream.
• Help ensure that the IT teams understands and delivers the business outcomes of various project.
• Work closely with the business stakeholders to ensure relevant immediate and future needs are built into the project deliverables
• Work closely with IT teams and external partners to engineer and/or optimize business solutions through the implementation of cloud technology and data initiatives
• Design project implementation and resource plans, execute and manage project deliverables and costs
• As necessary, deep dive and take a hands on approach in specific areas of the project in order to move the project forward overcoming any organizational, people and process issues.
• Support UAT, ORT (operational readiness testing) and business readiness assessment Qualifications Requirements:
• Experience working in Financial Services across regulatory and risk programmes will be highly beneficial.
• To be successful in this role, the candidate will need strong ability to navigate in a complex environment with limited guidance.
• Ideally, the candidate has experience working in a regulated industry and organisation, and is well aware of complex governance and risk processes.
• Ability to influence for the right decision across a range of stakeholders representing diverse business / product functions and priorities.
• Utilised project management practices to aid delivery in an Agile and cross-functional delivery environment
• Experience in Cloud implementation, Digital and Data solutions.
• Good risk and control awareness, proven experience in proactively strengthening controls and identifying potential gaps
Candidates for this role will need to demonstrate they hold Australian or New Zealand PR/Citizenship or working rights given current international travel restrictions.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued and respected and where opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow in an inclusive environment.
Applications from First Nations peoples are encourage.
Learn more about careers at HSBC Australia - https://www.hsbc.com/careers/where-we-hire/australia
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited. Please note that HSBC will we never communicate to applicants via non HSBC channels such as WhatsApp or Facebook so please be careful if anyone attempts to contact you via these channels.