Business Value Services: Director/Senior Director - Public Sector
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Sales Job Details Summary:
- Salesforce uses value selling methodology to provide our strategic customers with premium consulting services that help them to visualize the impact that our software can have on their business by personalizing an action plan that aligns to their objectives.
- BVS Consultants work with Account Teams and our Global Public Sector customers to help them understand their business use cases, strategic needs and barriers, desired user personas and journeys, and transactional interactions within the business and externally with their customers.
- We help our customers create a vision for their engagement models with customers, partners, suppliers, and employees:
- Incorporate best practices for architecture, user journey and experience, implementation & governance across the mix of capabilities relevant to their business and necessary to achieve their goals.
- Provide the quantifiable financial drivers and metrics to show a positive business case and accelerate the buying process.
- Successful candidates will deliver detailed reports and presentations to our customers that include:
- Vision of the future
- Design and illustrate a forward-facing vision
- Blueprint for success
- Identify and document an actionable roadmap, and implementation readiness plan. May include enterprise architecture, data model (and other technical best practices), business process improvements, governance, change management and adoption, implementation strategy.
- Value of moving forward
- Illustrate 5-year financial business models incorporating business value, IT Cost savings, licenses and implementation costs to show a return on investment over time and the total cost of ownership.
- The BVS Consultant is responsible for execution of business value engagements and leading customers and their Salesforce Account teams through the process. This individual is responsible for leading prospects through a consultative, structured, 1-week to several-month process to unlock value and map our solutions to existing business challenges. The individual will possess the ability to lead and project manage sales engagements, have superior executive communication skills, and have the ability to work in a dynamic environment to produce the necessary deliverable outputs
This role collaborates with internal Salesforce team members and executives (across sales, service, product, marketing, solution engineering and other Salesforce Innovation teams), C-level (CDO, CMO, CIO, CTO) to staff level customer contacts, and in the Global Public Sector Industry. Consultants help drive consensus in and across our customers' lines of business around digital strategic vision as well as key areas of focus through a value-based, pragmatic roadmap to execution. This person must assume the role of trusted advisor for driving innovative digital transformation strategies forward with customers while also improving overall Salesforce business performance. The role focuses primarily in these areas:
- Business/Marketing/CX Problem Solving: Take ambiguous/complex challenges and, using research, personal experience, business and technical assessment capabilities and customer experience acumen, clearly define problems, identify opportunities, drive innovative new ideas and recommend actionable, prioritized next steps to make a big impact on customer needs/goals.
- Innovation Management: Bring rigor to a client's decision making process by performing detailed cost/benefit analysis, running workshops, presenting and evaluating solution options, and driving consensus among key stakeholders. In some instances, we help our clients develop new decision frameworks and governance processes that continue to deliver value far beyond a particular engagement. A Business Consultant is a seasoned story builder and storyteller, who can lead a room of executives to consensus.
- Solution Planning: Define scope and plan new solutions for clients. This includes determining how to measure business results modeling current/future business processes, gather business requirements and identifying the organizational changes required to successfully realize the benefits of the solution.
A Spark Consultant at Salesforce plays a pivotal role in developing innovative B2C, B2B and B2B2C digital engagement strategies with key enterprise and commercial strategic customers, in a "pre-sales" environment. The Spark Consultant works with both new prospects as part of the business development process as well as existing customers to help expand, strengthen and grow relationships and ensure our customers operationalize for business impact. Responsibilities:
- Qualify incoming business value engagement requests and prioritize and work a pipeline of accounts at different stages of the sales cycle. Be able to prescribe a right-sized engagement based on the customer's situation. Participate in multiple concurrent engagements while maintaining focus on results
- Lead and execute strategic business value engagements, supporting the Customer in concert with the Salesforce Account Team
- Act as a cross-functional leader to craft executive-ready business strategies and supporting justification business cases for strategic customers
- Facilitate design thinking/digital transformation workshops and develop corresponding workshop content
- Project manage a virtual team of internal and external resources (i.e. Sales, Solution Engineers, Product, Services, and Partners)
- Create and deliver executive-level presentations with skills mastery in the techniques of prospect research, discovery, value mapping and executive and cross-functional customer engagement
- Quantify the business value of proposed solutions with a financial business case and or other metrics jointly with the customer leadership
- Develop relationships with regional sales and solution engineering leadership - Participate in regional QBR's and Account Planning sessions
- Travel, both to customer sites and other Salesforce offices domestically and internationally, will be part of this role
- Internally track business value work via Deal Support Requests in our CRM and track time and activity levels by DSR to be able to articulate the investments being made and the resulting influenced revenue to Salesforce.
- Executive presence - must be comfortable influencing and collaborating internally and externally with senior leadership and executives
- Ability to demonstrate broad knowledge of digital transformations
- Strong communication skills: written, spoken, interpersonal, cross-functional
- Excellent situational awareness - must be comfortable in dynamic customer environments and able to present our company well
- Strategic thinking that is focused on value and business outcomes
- Strong personal "soft" skills such as empathy, listening, mirroring and communicating in different methods depending on individual preferences
- Project Management and Team Leadership to inspire, coordinate and deliver results back to our customers
- Strong facilitation skills with the ability to balance conversation within groups.
- Ability to work well on a small team and have multiple, varied responsibilities in a start-up type pace of work
- Ability to quantify a proposed solution's business value collaboratively with customer leadership.
- Ability to effectively use Salesforce capabilities to manage your work and the program's visibility (Chatter, Activity Tracking, Reports, Dashboards, etc)
- Ability to build financial modeling and quantitative/qualitative analysis skills
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.