CSA Control Assessor
Westpac Group is made up of Australia's most recognised financial services brands, including Westpac, St George, Bank of Melbourne, BankSA, BT Financial Group and RAMS. When you join Westpac Group you'll become part of one team striving to reach our vision to be one of the world's greatest companies. We support and encourage career growth whilst offering access to award-winning development programs, and work flexibility.
Group Operations provide operational support for Westpac Group including Consumer Bank, Business Bank, Westpac Institutional Bank and Westpac NZ. We touch nearly every interaction with every customer of every brand. With over 5000 people, 44 locations and 27 million customer service events delivered each year, we are uniquely placed to drive Westpac Group's vision to be one of the world's great service companies. How will I help?
A Control Assessor is responsible for completing the Control Self-Assessment (CSA) of key operational and compliance controls as well as Prudential and Sarbanes Oxley (SOx) controls. The Control Assessor ensures key controls are designed and operating effectively to mitigate operational risks and adhere to compliance obligations. You will also ensure policies and procedures are adhered to. This will promote and drive a strong risk and controls culture to optimise risk/reward and help achieve business objectives. Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
What's in it for you?
- Advocate for and facilitate a strong culture of adhering to compliance requirements and external regulations.
- Assist business risk leadership to drive a risk and compliance culture and awareness of day to day decisions and strategic initiatives.
- Actively contribute to risk management to deliver agreed outcomes and, ultimately ensure our customers are treated fairly.
- Understand how the regulatory requirements translate into business practice.
- Work within the business risk team to help identify, monitor, measure and manage business risks and controls.
- Drive and facilitate control self-assessment (CSA) testing, collating evidence and information to upload to JUNO. Drive and facilitate any re-testing required.
- Monitor the effectiveness of monthly business control assessment practices, highlight gaps and risks outside appetite and escalate as required.
- Positively influence control owners and control performers to deliver timely, accurate and complete information.
- Align all aspects of control self-assessments with compliance, risk expectations and stakeholder expectations.
- Actively promote a risk culture that considers risk and compliance in any decision, highlight any identified risks, and escalate to risk management. As required, contribute to the development of mitigation plans.
- Have strong technical and legislative knowledge and a detailed understanding of all up to date policies and procedures, with a strict adherence to compliance requirements, regulations and process timeliness.
You will build your profile internally with senior stakeholders and be part of the future of a business that has been around for 200 years. You'll be working for an organisation that supports development, internal career moves and flexible working. Along with competitive salary, you'll receive Westpac's generous benefits and a whole array of customer discounts. How do I apply?
Start here. Just click on the APPLY button.
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking a discussion around workplace flexibility. We invite candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.
Our people are our highest priority and we are committed to placing our redeployees in available roles before we review other applicants.